Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already showed this to a friend who is pretty good with computers since I'm kind of new to actually building a PC and this might seem really basic (looking at some of the other computer builds I've seen here so far). I want to build a PC for gaming, nothing too hardcore but World of Warcraft at max settings hitting 60fps would be nice. I was wondering if I could get any input on the Newegg build I made. I was also wondering about overclocking it to 3.0GHz because the CPU page had a comment saying people took it to like 3.6GHz. I've never overclocked but how much of a difference would it be taking it from 2.4GHz to 3.0GHz? As in would I notice a difference when I play WoW, listen to music, browse the internet, and whatever else going from 2.4 to 3.0
Link: http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/Pu...umber=10218672

Any comments or suggestions for it would be nice, my price range is probably $700-800 or maybe a little over. Thanks to anyone in advance that can help

·
Registered
841 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrienspawn
View Post

For WoW it's overkill. A dual core and low-profile card would be plenty. You sure you won't be playing any other more graphically intensive game? If not you could probably build a 450$ rig that would play it well.

Not for now, but eventually I might.
I'd like something fairly cheap that will last me a while for gaming.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zomgiwin
View Post

http://cmstore.coolermaster-usa.com/...62c7a0498cdca2
you can get your case cheaper here...

PSUs too
http://cmstore.coolermaster-usa.com/...?cPath=18_37_3

Thanks for pointing that out, I'll make sure to bookmark it for later

·
Registered
841 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Enigma8750
View Post

This is what that case looks like after some moddin.

You do remember reading the part that he is new to building right? I doubt he is gonna jump into modding right away.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hayday
View Post

You do remember reading the part that he is new to building right? I doubt he is gonna jump into modding right away.

Yeah, it looks really cool but I don't think I'll be doing any case modding until I feel comfortable building.

·
Premium Member
7,952 Posts
Way to overkill. Find a Core 2 Duo (C2D 5/6k series) for like 100$, P35 mobo, 9600GT 512MB, 400-500W PSU (400 should be fine, 500 incase you want to later upgrade something, your choice really), 4GB 2x2 RAM, 667 is fine for 5/6 series C2D.

Core 2 Duo (5*** or 6***)
P35 Mobo (Not made by Intel, try and find an ASUS or something)
4GB RAM (667 should be fine, unless you can find 800 speed cheaper, just make sure that the mobo supports it)
9600GT 512MB
400-500W PSU (Your choice here really, just make sure it is a good brand)
320-500GB HDD
Random Optical Drive
Case of your choosing, not sure what you like.

There you do, a nice, inexpensive build that will play the majority of today's games (except Crysis) at Medium/High settings. Should run WOW maxed at 60fps.

·
Registered
358 Posts

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
about the psu i mentioned
their refurbished units are amazing.
i've put them in a few client builds, they are basically new.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts