Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
100LB Rig Club
2,573 Posts
SMP on the 930 will be some great points. Even better, is -bigadv. They take forever to do but massive points.

For now just get 10 smp units done to get your bonus points in then we will go from there. Oh, don't use the 5870 to fold, the PPD is not worth it.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Welcome aboard! As RussianJ said, make sure to leave off the -bigadv tag until you have 10 work units completed. You won't get bonus points until then. Once that is done, add the -bigadv tag, and once you get a bigadv you should be up to 35-40k ppd.

Let us know what your tpf (time per fold) and work unit are and we can let you know if it's in line.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstnt;15218930
Welcome aboard! As RussianJ said, make sure to leave off the -bigadv tag until you have 10 work units completed. You won't get bonus points until then. Once that is done, add the -bigadv tag, and once you get a bigadv you should be up to 35-40k ppd.

Let us know what your tpf (time per fold) and work unit are and we can let you know if it's in line.
Sorry for the late reply, I was out. My TPF is 3 minutes or so. I feel its bad. Also when do I know 10 WUs are completed?

·
Premium Member
11,941 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Star;15219896
Sorry for the late reply, I was out. My TPF is 3 minutes or so. I feel its bad. Also when do I know 10 WUs are completed?
What are you folding with?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shooting Star
View Post

Thank you

But when do I know I've done 10 WUs already? And when I click EOC user stats page on HFM, it gives an error.

Do you know if you have completed any WUs yet?

·
Premium Member
11,941 Posts
Quote:

View Post

I'm folding with a 4.4 930 w/ HT on.

Nice, you should be able to get 25k ppd with that clock on smp avdmethods.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Star;15220167
No I don't know. LOL
I'm @ 60% right now after 3 hours is that good?
Well, I think that once you complete your first unit that it will show up on the Stanford site and I think it will come up on the extreme overclock site, once it updates and I believe EOC updates every three hours or so. Then you can search your name and the WUs will come up.

Since you aren't running multiple folding clients it should just be from your 930! I am assuming you aren't folding on the 5870.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireAroundTheBrim;15220204
Well, I think that once you complete your first unit that it will show up on the Stanford site and I think it will come up on the extreme overclock site, once it updates and I believe EOC updates every three hours or so. Then you can search your name and the WUs will come up.

Since you aren't running multiple folding clients it should just be from your 930! I am assuming you aren't folding on the 5870.
Sorry for all these questions
smile.gif
New to it. Is there a program better than HFM? It starts the percentage at 0% when I restart my computer while the [email protected] program says 64%.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by FireAroundTheBrim
View Post

You can try out Fahmon.
http://www.overclock.net/folding-hom...mon-guide.html

I personally like more, but my 860 doesn't like it for some reason.

Thanks

I'm getting used to it now. I'm probably going to make this into a 24/7 folding rig. Since I'm getting the 2600k soon, this PC won't be used as much.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Thanks

I'm getting used to it now. I'm probably going to make this into a 24/7 folding rig. Since I'm getting the 2600k soon, this PC won't be used as much.

Yay for new pc parts! Will you be upgrading your GPU as well?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts