Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1.) check sig rig. Do i wanna run GPU or SMP binary ?

2.) will the [email protected] client keep PC awake (e.g. if monitor is set to turn off after 20 mins, will that jack up the [email protected] client ?

3.) Running my PS3 as well as 2 x PCs from the same LAN, will this impact the work units I can output ?

·
Premium Member
46,114 Posts
1) SMP more than anything else, but the GPU can be added too (and if it affects your PPD that can also be cured).

2) The monitor can be turned off, but make sure the Power Options don't have the Hard Drives set to turn off.

3) Nope; folding needs very little network access. Just some to upload/download the Units and that's it.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Em1nenceFr0nt View Post
1.) check sig rig. Do i wanna run GPU or SMP binary ?

2.) will the [email protected] client keep PC awake (e.g. if monitor is set to turn off after 20 mins, will that jack up the [email protected] client ?

3.) Running my PS3 as well as 2 x PCs from the same LAN, will this impact the work units I can output ?
Answer to #2, unless the computer goes to sleep it will run fine. But I am guessing that it may increase in performance of getting the WU done. The points only apply for the project and the WU at work.

Answer to #3, there will be no impact on any of the WUs on the net, since the only thing that the net is used for is to send and receive data to the [email protected] client. The only impact that will happen is the electric bill really.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts