Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys finally have the new rig up and running here. But I have some questions.

I have a i5 4670k with a Z87 UD4H. Why is it that everytime I restart my mouse does not work? I have to literally plug it in and out every stupid time. I have a Mionix 8200. This never happened on my old rig.

In the BIOS I see a few options what should I do with these enable or what no?
"Fastboot"
"Intel rapid stat tech"
"Memory upgrade"

·
Premium Member
10,858 Posts
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/b8/archive/2011/09/08/delivering-fast-boot-times-in-windows-8.aspx

http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/what-is-intel-rapid-start-technology

For the mouse issues I recommend flashing to the latest BIOS (which I think is F7 at this time) and also make sure your USB drivers are the most current.

Memory upgrade gives you the option to select a pre-overclocked frequency/timings/voltage profile and is meant to be used with certain kits of memory. The drop down should look something like this:

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wellllllllllll Gigabyte is really not impressing me here. Updated the BIOS and still the mouse issue. I hate these BIOS..... It's like using the widget garbage I have at work you need to select what you want to see then go into it. Or better yet if you select Gigabyte network option and it takes you to the old school style bios for no reason. I feel like I was trolled by oc.net I really do not see the appeal of why there is so much love for these boards here. Now I know why these UD4H's are going for like $70....

Under USB Support in BIOS Features it's blacked out, can't adjust it and it says partial Initial. I have no idea what that means but curious if it's screwing with the mouse.

How do the fan speeds work exactly?
"1.75 pwm value / degrees C" what ever happened to just straight RPMs? I'm looking in HWiNFO64 and not seeing any real increase in rpms as I increase it. I also tried speed fan. The irony being that both report the fan speed around 750 rpms but in the BIOS under CPU status fan shows 1473 tpm and temp of 48C which seems high for idle.. My cores are in the 30s according to HWiNFO64 at my desktop.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts