Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo, my name is Samuel and I just ordered a new custom gaming rig. I used to play on PS3, but felt like I really did not belong there, so I just bought a ThermalTake level 10 gt case, Asus motherboard (can't remember name atm), Amd fx-8120 proccessor, corsair 16gb vengeance ram, 750w corsair PSU and Nvidia geeforce gtx560 2gb. I came here to make friends and learn to OC my CPU. I hope I like it here and I really hope you enjoy having me here aswell, ohh and by the way, I am from New-Brunswick, Canada ;D

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Once Z hears another Canadian made it into this forum...welcome to OCN! Don't mind the flame that you will get from your CPU. But welcome to at least the most helpful forum that I have ever been to.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Hey Fellow Canadian, welcome!

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Welcome. I'm glad you opened your eyes and joined the PC gaming master race.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Welcome to OCN, from British Columbia
smile.gif

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotUrAverageJoe View Post

Welcome aboard!
Your choice of parts is impressive for a newcomer - especially the PSU. That's the one thing newbies usually skimp on... Great Job!!
thumb.gif
Yes, well at first I chose a no name brand and then I thought about an expression I heard that" The car is only good as the driver" so i used 80. $ more but I have a feeling I won't regret it.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Don't worry so much about the no-brand PSU, I've bought a PSU that wasn't very popular in brand naming but it powers my Q6600 and GTX465! 500w, of course it'll power it with the right connections.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
If you go under your user control panel there is an area where you can type in your specs like most of us have in our posts. It is really nifty and saves you from having to say what is in your system.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Welcome to PC gaming. Once you learn the mouse and keyboard your gameplay will dramatically improve. Also, welcome to the community. There is someone is pretty much every section who knows their stuff and can guide you. You will learn plenty here.

A lot of my PC knowledge came from joining a gaming clan. Luckily, there are a lot of tech savvy people that I met and it helped a lot not only with gaming and computers, but in pursuing my degree and career. You will truly learn a lot.

One last thing, the level of competitiveness in online games is much larger. Enjoy the new rig and enjoy the graphics and power of PC gaming.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Welcome that's quite a good setup you have for just joining the PC gaming scene The PC World is very big your be surprised how many people game using PC/Laptops ^_^ i have been apart of it for a long time its just i just recently joined this site also everyone is very friendly ^_^

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.