Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, currently my system is only fan cooled, HSF on the CPU, HSF on the VPU, exhaust fan blowing out the back, and a large fan on the side blowing in. My speedfan readings are:
Temp1 - 35-41
Temp2 - 127
Temp3 - -55
HD0 - 22
VCore1 - 1.65V
VCore2 - 2.59V
+3.3V - 2.03V
+5V - 0.0
+12V - 0.0
-12V - -16.06V
-5V - -6.67V
+5V - 2.71V
Vbat - 3.25V

My system specs are:

AMD Athlon XP 2600+ OC'ed to 2GHz
1 GB RAM
ATI Radeon 9600 Pro 256MB OC'ed to 413 Core 208 Mem

This fan I have sounds like a jet engine and it sucks when I need to leave my computer on and I want to watch a movie or go to sleep. I want to keep my system running cool and overclocked and quiet. Thanks for any advice :shades2:

·
Banned
1,212 Posts
Lol uhm... your program is giving some incorrect reading if your running fan-only setups. That 35-41 and that -55 maek no sense with the Temp 2 reading. Either Temp 1 is cooler then it has any right to be or Temp 2 is insanely hot and should not be functioning. What is that thing supposedly reading as far as Celsius and Fahrenheit go? If your overclocking... you most likely would want to go to a watercooling setup though.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Veto1024

Lol uhm... your program is giving some incorrect reading if your running fan-only setups. That 35-41 and that -55 maek no sense with the Temp 2 reading. Either Temp 1 is cooler then it has any right to be or Temp 2 is insanely hot and should not be functioning. What is that thing supposedly reading as far as Celsius and Fahrenheit go? If your overclocking... you most likely would want to go to a watercooling setup though.

My brother has a watercooled system and it's definitely not any quieter than my huge fan lol

·
Banned
1,212 Posts
Well then his either sucks or your complaining about high noise levels that arent even high ahha. What kinda system does he have and whats the problem with your hardware monitor. But haha, sorry to say, overclock + quiet + cool = $$$

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know my CPU temp is 40 degrees C, I don't know what the other temperatures are supposed to be. I don't really know anything about his watercooling system, but I do remember he had to keep doing crap to it to make it work, and constantly replacing the distilled water (maybe that was just when it spilled). But I got the impression that water cooled systems were very high maintenance.

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
hmmm.uhh i think speed fan is screwed up there. if u had had something at 127*c, something would be on fire. i say try using somehting else becsue everything there is screwed up including your voltages. try everest home, DL it here www.lavalys.com that should be better reading

·
Banned
1,212 Posts
I put together my water cooling system a year ago and havent touched it since. Sounds like your bro has a crappy system or doesnt know what hes doing. The word "spill" and "computer" arent compatible lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts