Overclock.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about buying the Thermaltake Bigwater 745. (http://www.thermaltake.com/product/L...6/cl-w0076.asp)
Would i need a GPU cooler?

Im always skeptical about putting water into an electronic enviroment (when i think of it, it just sounds stupid) but i have some questions.

For people who went from air to water was it worth it? Would you go back to air cooling?

Say if there is a leak along the way what happens to all the electronics in the case?

Thanks

+Edit+ Or for the 200 i would be spending spend a little more and build my own water cooling system instead of a kit?

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
I think that is a good kit, a lot of people will say to build a customer one, but for the first one I went for a kit as well. For the gpu, you could stay with aftermarked air or find a waterblock with the same size tubing and add it in. Yes going to water was worth it, 22c idle 34c load on CPU, 34 idle 40 load on chipset, 33 idle 45 load on gpu's. No, I would never go back to air. If you have a leak, RMA time. Keep a bottle of 99% iso by for parts clean up before you send it back.

·
SNERP!!!
4,183 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Onedaful

I was thinking about buying the Thermaltake Bigwater 745. (http://www.thermaltake.com/product/L...6/cl-w0076.asp)
Would i need a GPU cooler?

That kit doesn't come with a GPU cooler. You don’t need a GPU block, but if you want to watercool your vid card you will

Quote:

For people who went from air to water was it worth it? Would you go back to air cooling?

I was so worth it. I would never even consider using air again.

Quote:

Say if there is a leak along the way what happens to all the electronics in the case?

Get non-conductive liquid. It won't fry anything unless it gets on something with 12V or higher, then it might have a chance. You're fine as long as you do everything right...it's just a matter of common sense.

Quote:

+Edit+ Or for the 200 i would be spending spend a little more and build my own water cooling system instead of a kit?

I think that custom is the way to go. You'll get better temps for the money that way. Take a look at the other "new system" post and that will give you the general guidelines. Read all of the sticky post and other post that seem interesting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts