Overclock.net banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· SNERP!!!
5,784 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Onedaful

I was thinking about buying the Thermaltake Bigwater 745. (http://www.thermaltake.com/product/L...6/cl-w0076.asp)
Would i need a GPU cooler?

That kit doesn't come with a GPU cooler. You don’t need a GPU block, but if you want to watercool your vid card you will

Quote:

For people who went from air to water was it worth it? Would you go back to air cooling?

I was so worth it. I would never even consider using air again.

Quote:

Say if there is a leak along the way what happens to all the electronics in the case?

Get non-conductive liquid. It won't fry anything unless it gets on something with 12V or higher, then it might have a chance. You're fine as long as you do everything right...it's just a matter of common sense.

Quote:

+Edit+ Or for the 200 i would be spending spend a little more and build my own water cooling system instead of a kit?

I think that custom is the way to go. You'll get better temps for the money that way. Take a look at the other "new system" post and that will give you the general guidelines. Read all of the sticky post and other post that seem interesting.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.