Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got everything in the mail for my new WC set up.
Rasa 750 RX360
Indigo Extreme
RAzor GPU BLock
Radbox + Killcoil

Any advice on doing this for the first time? Any big no-nos that I might not be sure about?
I'm using 1/2" barbs and 7/16" tubing so should be a real tight fit.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Well, take your time. Leak-test without the PC on. soak the end of the tubing in washing up liquid and warm water to get it onto tight barbs (really helps, I had 7/16" and 1/2" as well). Make sure you fill and leak-test it before running your PC or accidents can happen, not worth the risk to save ten minutes rigging a PSU

·
Registered
450 Posts
Take you time and make sure you leak test for 24 hours before powering up the rest of your system.
Most say you don't need clamps with 7/8" id tubing and 1/2" barbs, but I used zip ties anyway for extra security.

EDIT he beat me

How to hot wire your power supply
Instructions.
Things You'll Need:
Large paper clip
-or-
4" length of insulated wire, stripped to 1/4" at both ends

Bend the length or wire or paper clip so that it forms the shape of a tall narrow U.

Locate a green wire on the large 20 or 24 pin motherboard connector from the PSU.

Insert one end of the paper clip or wire into the socket the green wire is connected to.

Insert the remaining end of the wire or paper clip into the nearest socket with a black wire attached. If the PSU is functional, this will cause the PSU to power on. Remove the wire or paper clip to shut the PSU down.

Read more: How to Hot wire a PC Power Supply | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_5946541_hotw...#ixzz1ComNfGZf

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Copied and pasted from this http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=4596 (wanted to be sure I wasn't giving stupid advice
)

Quote:

Notes on bleeding:
If your using a T-Line only, Bleeding can be a seriously time comsuming. I recomend and use a combo of both T-line and Reservoir. Bleeding with a Reservoir will literally be 50x faster than bleeding with T-Line alone. When you were leak testing on the micro loop, your loop should have already expelled most of the air. Smaller loop means less area for air bubbles to travel. In a computer, the average loop will be 3-5 feet in tubing! With ups and downs in loops, bleeding seriously takes forever without a reservoir, so I highly recommend the addition of one.

Bleeding is accomplished fairly easily. Just leave your loop running for 10 hours if your on T-line, and No I am not kidding about this time frame. Or 45 min on a reservoir. As you bleed, you'll notice your pumps getting quieter and quieter. This is a good sign!!. Once you see your tubes turn clear, you've completed your bleeding!

*some people complain about pump noise, thats because there system hasn't been properly bleed!*

There isn't much you can do but wait and jiggle the tubes a bit if bubbles get caught.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Shake rock and roll your rad as you are filling. Don't let the pump run dry.
What I did, was to fill the res, flip the pump on then off fast enough just to push the water out of the res.
It also goo to add a drain line, this can help you bleed the loop.
The rest of the bubbles should work them selves out with in a week .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts