Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My system suddenly froze completely and after the reboot via "Reset"-button my new Intenso 64 GB stick wasn't recognized anymore. I put it in all the USB slots, nothing happened. I also put it into my Laptop, same thing, no reaction. The thing was brand new. I downloaded a lot, but I have never heard of a virus with such an effect. Can this be a virus or was possibly someone hacked into my system? I completely formatted all my drives and installed Win 7 64 anew. The USB stick also was not listed in "Control Panel"-> "Computer Management" ->" Disk Management".

I was so angry, I smashed the thing to pieces, so it is no longer around. I just would like to know if this could be the result of a virus of some sort or if someone is possibly hacked into my computer and maybe monitors me.

Was/ am I possibly hacked, is it maybe a virus or something else? I know it is just guess work here but I would appreciate your educated and experienced guesses.

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12Honk34 View Post

Hi,

My system suddenly froze completely and after the reboot via "Reset"-button my new Intenso 64 GB stick wasn't recognized anymore. I put it in all the USB slots, nothing happened. I also put it into my Laptop, same thing, no reaction. The thing was brand new. I downloaded a lot, but I have never heard of a virus with such an effect. Can this be a virus or was possibly someone hacked into my system? I completely formatted all my drives and installed Win 7 64 anew. The USB stick also was not listed in "Control Panel"-> "Computer Management" ->" Disk Management".

I was so angry, I smashed the thing to pieces, so it is no longer around. I just would like to know if this could be the result of a virus of some sort or if someone is possibly hacked into my computer and maybe monitors me.

Was/ am I possibly hacked, is it maybe a virus or something else? I know it is just guess work here but I would appreciate your educated and experienced guesses.

Thanks a lot!
Well, now that you went all "HULK SMAAAASSHH!!" on the drive, you'll never know what happened. I seriously doubt you're the target of some kind of conspiracy to steal all of your videos from your new 64GB flash drive. Your best bet would have been to contact the manufacturer for either troubleshooting or a replacement if it was a hardware failure.

·
Data Recovery Engineer
20,225 Posts
Flash drive is dead...

You have tried other USB ports right?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts