Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I'm a fifth-year Industrial Design Engineering student from Sweden, and I'm currently doing a master's thesis on user experience in computer assembly/building. I'm in the middle of my contextual analysis for this project and I would very much like to connect with the community of pc building to find out what you guys like, dislike, and hope to see in the future of pc chassis. The end goal of the project is to design and develop a computer chassis that accommodates an easy, joyous, and satisfactory building experience.

My question is, is it ok for me to post here with links to surveys that I have created? It would help me tremendously since this platform and its user base is so large!

Best Regards,
Niklas

·
Registered
443 Posts
I just want a case with proven and tested airflow not by manufacturer but by review channels like linus tech tips, jays2cents, hardware unboxed and gamers nexus. I dont know about other users or newer cases but one with a dual filter system to keep dust out. I still have to clean dust of my old corsair c70 case, ofcourse I could upgrade at any time but I havent on account of stock issues every time i try too.

Edit: Why dual fan filters? Ive never seen it maybe its enough to keep the smaller amounts of dust build up away. But I have a feeling it would restrict airflow, I remember reading somewhere that you will never be able to stop dust build up in your pc.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Our ToS.

Community Guidelines

These are not Ikea chassis are they? Had a bad experience with them a while back...;)

• Rep+
Reactions: Ark-07

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
I just want a case with proven and tested airflow not by manufacturer but by review channels like linus tech tips, jays2cents, hardware unboxed and gamers nexus. I dont know about other users or newer cases but one with a dual filter system to keep dust out. I still have to clean dust of my old corsair c70 case, ofcourse I could upgrade at any time but I havent on account of stock issues every time i try too.

Edit: Why dual fan filters? Ive never seen it maybe its enough to keep the smaller amounts of dust build up away. But I have a feeling it would restrict airflow, I remember reading somewhere that you will never be able to stop dust build up in your pc.
I used to ride off-road motorcycles. They had dual element air filters and I never saw a spec of dust on my carbs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was hoping to get in touch with a moderator/admin, the ToS itself doesn't necessarily say that I can't post a survey. However, I wanted to get consent before doing so since it can come off rude.

·
Graphics Junkie
2,844 Posts
Was hoping to get in touch with a moderator/admin, the ToS itself doesn't necessarily say that I can't post a survey. However, I wanted to get consent before doing so since it can come off rude.
You can post a survey, that's fine.

Don't bother trying to get in touch with an admin, thia site is dead since it was sold to vertical scope and the admins don't care about this site anymore, and they wouldn't do anything for you anyway. You should try extremehw.net instead if you think you need to talk to an admin.

As for your actual question, you might want to take notice that over the last few years the number of PC cases for builders has gone up drastically. It's never been easier to find a good cheap case that has everything needed. I can't imagine what we could tell you that you wouldn't learn from looking at the top selling cases. There are so many good cases now that there is little room for a case study to lead to any benifit.

• Rep+
Reactions: Ark-07

·
Linux Noob
1,000 Posts
You can post a survey, that's fine.

Don't bother trying to get in touch with an admin, thia site is dead since it was sold to vertical scope and the admins don't care about this site anymore, and they wouldn't do anything for you anyway. You should try extremehw.net instead if you think you need to talk to an admin.

As for your actual question, you might want to take notice that over the last few years the number of PC cases for builders has gone up drastically. It's never been easier to find a good cheap case that has everything needed. I can't imagine what we could tell you that you wouldn't learn from looking at the top selling cases. There are so many good cases now that there is little room for a case study to lead to any benifit.
Please stop rudely spamming threads with posts pushing people to EHW.
Your constant barrage has soured me on EHW.
If you don't like it here, keep it to yourself or jog on.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
This forum is pretty much abandoned compared to how it was years ago. When they took away the news section they took away peoples reason for coming here. The mods are pretty much impotent - unable to make the changes we request and unwilling to go into detail as to why. You can pretty much post whatever, since its not like a ban matters here anymore.

Maybe one day they'll get some of their power back with the help of a little blue pill but lets be real it'll never happen.

·
Linux Noob
1,000 Posts
Hi! I'm a fifth-year Industrial Design Engineering student from Sweden, and I'm currently doing a master's thesis on user experience in computer assembly/building. I'm in the middle of my contextual analysis for this project and I would very much like to connect with the community of pc building to find out what you guys like, dislike, and hope to see in the future of pc chassis. The end goal of the project is to design and develop a computer chassis that accommodates an easy, joyous, and satisfactory building experience.

My question is, is it ok for me to post here with links to surveys that I have created? It would help me tremendously since this platform and its user base is so large!

Best Regards,
Niklas
I'd move forward with the survey.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I like this place i wish internal issues didnt have to surface in a thread made by an outsider looking for community statistics. I was here for whatever happened, I just use the site.

·
Graphics Junkie
2,844 Posts
Seems you believe all threads are somehow in context.
For someone not affiliated with EHW, you sure put a lot of effort into pushing it on everyone.
Are the other 11 or so people at EHW as rude as you?
Do they know you sit over here and wait for new posters to snipe with your EHW spam?
Are they cool with it?

I know who's over there. I know E's working hard to make a serious go of it.
When it's time to make their grand entrance, they'll develop their own marketing strategy - one I hope doesn't include carpet-bombing their competitors with spam posts.

Yes, you can post what you like. I just thought I'd let you know that what you're doing isn't having the effect you'd hoped.
Whatever...
Carry on.
I hardly ever bring it up. I think I've mentioned it in a total of three threads.

And actually lots of people have joined ehw and specifically said they did so after I told them about it so yes it is having an effect you simpleton.

Glad your staying here tho.

·
Super Moderator
23,724 Posts
I will direct you to contact @ENTERPRISE - thank you kindly for your inquiry!

·
Rig Advisor
3,234 Posts

Best Regards,
Niklas
Examine build quality, size for building, consideration for extreme water cooling custom setups and simplistic modular design offered by Caselabs. Do that and we are on board.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts