Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hav had this pc for a long time now and last week my main hd crashed so had to send it for replacement....So basically vacations n nothing to do i decided to do a paint job ...

as for my specs:

core17 920
6gb Ocz reaper 2000mhz ram
Asus P6t deluxe v2
My all fav diamond 4870x2 oc edition
2x1tb Hd wd and 1 500gb wd
cooler master 850 watt modular psu(my stupid 1000watt ocz psu stopped working n i cudnt replace it in warranty)
creative titaniam fatality pro soundcard

oh i hav the liquid cooling kit for it aswell ...just waiting on the radiator pump n reservoir as it will arrive in 9-10 days hopefully

so here are the pics

p.s the project is still not complete its a work in progress...

My water cooling setup

Anti-Kink Coil Size: 1/2" will fit 1/2in. O.D. Tubing $7.90
Enzotech Sapphire CPU Water Block Rev.
EK-FC4870 X2 CF High Performance Water Block - Nickel
Feser Tube Active UV Hose - 3/8" ID (1/2"OD) Anti-Kink Tubing - UV Orange
Feser One F1 Cooling Fluid - UV Orange - 1 Liter $59.85
Bitspower G1/4 Black Sparkle Triple Rotary 90-Degree Compression Fitting-ID 3/8" OD 1/2"
Swiftech mcp655 pump
Danger den reservoir
360 rad

everything is here just waiting on the rad pump n reservoir

wht do u guys think so far

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Looks great man! Never would have thought of this!

·
Premium Member
4,914 Posts
dude that case is so awesome!

i really want to do a cool mod like that eventually
nice work!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by wumpus
View Post

dude that case is so awesome!

i really want to do a cool mod like that eventually
nice work!

thanx....its not that hard but very very time consuming

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
finally the exterior paint job is complete now waiting for the parts to arrive on friday so can start work on the wc kit

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Veltri View Post
Looks sweet. How come the top grill is still black?

thans ...well im still not sure where to put my 360 rad...its gonna arrive on friday and i was planning to install it on the top(outside) the case so figured no point painting the top grill as it wud be covered up by the rad

·
Registered
359 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sikisher View Post
thans ...well im still not sure where to put my 360 rad...its gonna arrive on friday and i was planning to install it on the top(outside) the case so figured no point painting the top grill as it wud be covered up by the rad
Good call. The top is probably the best place for it given the holes for tubing. It would be cool to do the two sections of tubing for the rad that pass into the case in hard tube. just like the first 8 inches. Then inside the case they could have two barbed ends that transfer to soft tubing. It would look all industrial. Not sure what you could use though. Maybe 1/2" copper with fittings.
Gonna paint the fan bodies orange as well?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Quote:

There should be more than enough space to mount it to the top on the inside.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Veltri View Post
Good call. The top is probably the best place for it given the holes for tubing. It would be cool to do the two sections of tubing for the rad that pass into the case in hard tube. just like the first 8 inches. Then inside the case they could have two barbed ends that transfer to soft tubing. It would look all industrial. Not sure what you could use though. Maybe 1/2" copper with fittings.
Gonna paint the fan bodies orange as well?
thats not bad idea painting the fan body orange aswell....i hav a few xigmatec orange fans am try using them first if dat doest look nice then definitly gonna paint the fan bodies orange thanks for the tip...

as for the industrial idea hav ordered the long compression fittings so hopefully theyll work out the way u described it

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by leppie View Post
There should be more than enough space to mount it to the top on the inside.

i hav seen ppl mount it on the inside but am gonna try it both ways before i do it....the only reason im leaning towards the outside is it wud make my life alot easier cleaning wise and there wont be much dust on the inside

·
Registered
585 Posts
Quote:

i hav seen ppl mount it on the inside but am gonna try it both ways before i do it....the only reason im leaning towards the outside is it wud make my life alot easier cleaning wise and there wont be much dust on the inside
You should not have much dust issues if you take air from the inside of your case. I am sure the HAF932 does a better airflow job than my HAF922.

Also having it inside makes it easy to remove the entire loop without having to disassemble or drain it. (And you dont have tubes on the outside, but some might like that).

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ill surely giv it a try

cause here in pakistan this place is very dusty..inside would solv alot of problems

·
Registered
359 Posts
Quote:

thats not bad idea painting the fan body orange aswell....i hav a few xigmatec orange fans am try using them first if dat doest look nice then definitly gonna paint the fan bodies orange thanks for the tip...

as for the industrial idea hav ordered the long compression fittings so hopefully theyll work out the way u described it
Oh, ya, orange fans will be sweet. Gotta be done. Compression fitting always look cool.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ok guys i hav a bit of an issue am attaching pic of the reservoir but dunno where to put it in the case any ideas

1 - 20 of 28 Posts