Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys i've just ordered a WC setup =), with the budget i have, should have asked for opinions first, could have gone with the FeserX-Change but no $$ lol..

CPU Block: Swiftech Apogee™ GTZ SE "Special Edition" LGA 1366 (New)
Radiator: Swiftech Radiator MCR320
Reservoir: EK-Multioption RES 250 Rev 2
Tube: Feser Tube Active UV Hose - ID 1/2" - UV WHITE
Pump: Swiftech MCP655™ Series 12 VDC Water Pumps with speed controller
Bitspower BP-D5TOP-BK - D5/MCP655 MOD Top - Acetal
Bitspower D5 / MCP655 Mod Kit
Fittings: Bitspower G1/4" High Flow 1/2" Black Sparkle Compression Fitting (For Tygon 1/2")

as for the fans : Coolermaster 90CFM would do i guess (70CFM in really life)

all of it cost : around 600USD +/-

any idea's how much it'll cool my i7 from a true (80C load on small ffts).. planning to run it 24/7.. during the afternoon/evening it gets pretty hot (50C idle)..btw i have a TRUE lapped with OCZ Freeze + Silverstone FM-121 (110CFM)

·
Artist
2,683 Posts
That looks like a good but I would go with Yate Loon fans, and maybe instead of using 1/2" ID tubing, use 7/16" x 5/8" tubing. It fits 1/2" better, more snugger.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well actually i've ordered those stuffs i've mentioned.. i dont think i'll go for clear PVC.. it'll get cloudy+dirty in months time
(lazy to clean it).. and they dont sell yate loons here =/ + im broke
, the UV tube actually i got it 2nd hand, and the seller said its quite good, i mean its enough, o yeah, as for the compression, Bitspower G1/4" High Flow 1/2" Black Sparkle Compression Fitting (For Tygon 1/2") .. forgot to add that

·
Overclocker
867 Posts
That all looks good to me you will see a good drop in temp with it over the true thats for sure mine only goes to 50c at 100% load with the 4.25ghz overclock theres no way I could get that with air cooling on it I am sure you will be happy with the result.

·
STG3 VET
13,127 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by reiben05
View Post

and i might go water cool on my GPU as well but erm, is it worth it to buy the blocks for GPU?? im setting my eyes on the HEATKILLER® GPU-X² 4870x2
http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/hegp48forati.html

but it'll cost a few hundred bucks more.. or should i just save for the dx11 cards??

dx11 card come out this fall/winter i would wait

·
Artist
2,683 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by reiben05
View Post

and i might go water cool on my GPU as well but erm, is it worth it to buy the blocks for GPU?? im setting my eyes on the HEATKILLER® GPU-X² 4870x2
http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/hegp48forati.html

but it'll cost a few hundred bucks more.. or should i just save for the dx11 cards??

OOOOOhhhh that is tight. Might make me sell my Ek 4870x2 waterblock.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterAutomatic View Post
OOOOOhhhh that is tight. Might make me sell my Ek 4870x2 waterblock.
lol keep ur hd4870x2 xD waterblock.. or give it to me xp..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts