Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

So recently my system had some sort of failure while on Windows 10. I decided to do a fresh install of Windows 7 and upgrade to Windows 10 from there. When I booted into Windows 7 after my fresh install I installed all the latest drivers from Asus's website but I've ran into some problems. I can't install the VGA drivers from the website. When I try to install any of the listed VGA driver versions it gives me a "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software" message. Installing the driver from Intel's website gives me the same message as well.

On top of that I cant not seem to get any windows updates. Did Microsoft stop all Windows 7 updates? When I hit "check for updates it just hangs in "checking for updates" but never comes up with anything.

I did a fresh install twice, reset my Bios, deleted and re-created the Raid 0 config to no avail. Doesn't seem like a hardware issue if everything else in Window's seem to be fine so far.

Anyone know what might be going on?

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Windows 7 is experiencing extremely long update times.

Some people believe that it is Microsoft slowly trying to push people to Windows 10 and some people believe that Windows 7 has become similar to Windows XP where there are so many updates that it takes forever to detect and download them all. Choose whichever, there isn't a very clear solution. It took me 24 hours to get my updates and I have 150 mbps download speed from my ISP and no throttling at all.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Try KB3153199. For some reason it worked. The is a little info on it on the web.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you guys think the reason I can't install my VGA drivers is because I haven't been patient enough with the windows updates?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjj751 View Post

Do you guys think the reason I can't install my VGA drivers is because I haven't been patient enough with the windows updates?
Have you installed .NET Framework 4.5.2?

·
Registered
999 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nooboc2012 View Post

as mentioned previously, there is a KB fix for "stuck updates"
Manually download KB3161664. Install. Reboot. This will speed it up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts