Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made this avatar some time ago in hopes of swapping to it when/if I got chosen to be forum director Weeellll lol.. that didn't happen. But, that's okay!

It's a new year, more experience is under my belt, and it's time for a new avatar!
Besides, that other one didnt' really show off any photoshop abilities, not that this one is amazing, but it's certainly an improvement

I made this before the whole avatar flame-fest thing started... I kinda hate that it's not as special any more
. Also if you have a red/black flame in your avatar don't go saying I copied you because I made this months ago, also before some people swapped to red/black flames.

Don't forget to stare at it for oh... about 10 seconds
. I spent a good amount of time perfecting that effect and making it small enough to be on overclock.net it is almost exactly 39.1kb... the maximum size.

I have a longer one that is much cooler, but it's way too large. I attached it for you to check out. Just keep watching it. It is a little long, but I didn't want something that would be flashing all the time and annoying everyone
. Making the illusion of speed and smoothness took a little creativity since the .gifs never play as fast in a browser as they do in the actual program.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I like it!

But I don't think your attachment worked...

Nvm it did, I like that white + blue one alot better though, it looks nice.

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.

Nik - Yeah... I like the larger one much much better I spent tons of time on it, then when I was ready to upload it, I realized it was WAY too huge. Soo... I had to cut it way way down to only 4 total frames. Even then, I had to reduce the number of colors in the flame to get it from 40kb to 38.8kb.

It's too bad avatar requirements are so small

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
yeah info that's awesome, I liked the little white and green fadeout effect, nice job.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheInformationator

I made this avatar some time ago in hopes of swapping to it when/if I got chosen to be forum director Weeellll lol.. that didn't happen. But, that's okay!

It's a new year, more experience is under my belt, and it's time for a new avatar!
Besides, that other one didnt' really show off any photoshop abilities, not that this one is amazing, but it's certainly an improvement

I made this before the whole avatar flame-fest thing started... I kinda hate that it's not as special any more
. Also if you have a red/black flame in your avatar don't go saying I copied you because I made this months ago, also before some people swapped to red/black flames.

Don't forget to stare at it for oh... about 10 seconds
. I spent a good amount of time perfecting that effect and making it small enough to be on overclock.net it is almost exactly 39.1kb... the maximum size.

I have a longer one that is much cooler, but it's way too large. I attached it for you to check out. Just keep watching it. It is a little long, but I didn't want something that would be flashing all the time and annoying everyone
. Making the illusion of speed and smoothness took a little creativity since the .gifs never play as fast in a browser as they do in the actual program.

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewchamp1232

What's up with the weeping dude? lol

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
....its so beautiful?

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ch13f121

....its so beautiful?

Feeling a little emotionally unstable at the moment?

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
no I was talking about andrewchamps weeping lol shoulda quoted you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts