Overclock.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! looking for some help here, as im scratching my head constantly looking for a fix!

---I was transferring videos from my go pro hero 10 to the PC to edit and saw that it was taking FOREVER! checked my new Samsung micro-SD trans speed and its literally 12 mb per second speeds. I download crystaldiskmark and indeed ALL of my microSD's i paid decent money for (for higher transfer speeds) faceplant within milliseconds of starting transfer through file explorer and flat line at either 12 mb or 19 mb per second depending on which card it is. However, using the exact same hub and hardware/cards, i can hop on my older I7 Win 10 Pro Laptop and get the full almost 100read 88 write on all of them!

---i downloaded USB Tree viewer and used HWINFO summary to check USB connection speeds as AsusTuf Z690 boards state quote "all ports are minimum USB 3.2 and 2 are3.2x2" nowhere whatsoever does it say anything about gen one or two speeds. but the tree view is extremely confusing to me so i was hoping someone with more knowledge can look at it for me and see if im just an idiot, or what is wrong? Basically, its saying that my USB's are plugged into a USB 2.0 Port, but the port is coming literally out of the motherboard? like i didn't plug it into anything as there isn't ANY usb 2.0 ports supposedly on this board! ALSO i noticed in the USB Tree viewer that its calling an asmedia 2074 hub and 1074 hub?? could they of screwed up when rushing this board? basically if so its going back, as i cant deal with only 3 USB ports above 2. 0.

--- i went into bios and the ONLY usb settings are the "enable single port selection" and it shows ALL usb 3.0+ ports but at the end says something about 4 or so USB 1 Ports??
so, i started thinking maybe it's because i have the mobo populated with 3 SSD's. they are all PCIe 3.0 sticks, 1 sx8200pro from ADATA, 1 Samsung 970 Pro and one 860 Evo all m.2 sticks, (haven't pulled trigger on 4.0 SSD's yet and may just wait for 5.0) as well as a 860 Evo Sata 2.5inch SSD.. no HDD's.

---However, asus never said anything about using "certain ports disable USB speeds" whatsoever. As well as not offering ANY 3.0+drivers because according to intel and windows, "we do not need them"

if anyone has ANY idea what is wrong (yes, the USB power saver feature in power plan is disabled as well) i will literally jump through the screen and buy you a T-Bone. im almost to the point of returning this thing, unfortunately they don't have any other DDR4 boards at my microcenter, so it looks like I'm stuck. however, i know it's not a board failure that some of these slots are running full speed and some aren't. according to the USB Viewer, some could possibly be running full speed. but a majority are not!

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!! ill attach pic below! ( i attached a ton of USB sources so they would populate more of the tree to maybe help out with problem solving)

Rectangle Parallel Font Slope Pattern
Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number
Rectangle Font Parallel Slope Audio equipment
Rectangle Parallel Font Pattern Number

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
sorry forgot about PC Specs. 12900k @ 5.1 adaptive, 3080Ti Zotac Amp Extreme, 32Gb Of Gskill Bdie 3600mhz c14, Tuf Gaming Plus Wifi-D4 Z690 Mobo, 3 m.2 Drives, 1 Sata 2.5inch, Corsair 360AIO, 6 Noctua Redux fans, GoXLR, ShureSm7b, SMSL Sa-9 Dac, JDSLABS atom Dac plus and Amp Plus, SMSL sa300, Ibasso dx200 DAP, Moondrop Aria IEM's, and Kef150's life changing speakers

and now im done because i see people giving OVERKILL signatures all the time that i had to be a troll for a second lol thanks guys! but yes those are my specs and other specs that you guys could careless about hahaha

·
Registered
82 Posts
USB world is full of dangers. In my long career dealing with USB bullshit i have found the following to be ALWAYS true:

1) If you have picky USB device, always connect it direct to INTEL* controller HUB USB port.
2) Follow (1) even if it takes moving other devices like mouse etc to those "bad" ports. "Bad" as in not direct Intel hub connection.

You already have the right tool for this job -> USB Tree Viewer, and the answer is right in it -> You are connecting your preciuos device to USB port that is in fact ASMedia ASM2074 hub port hanging on Intel port and breaking rule (1).

* I say Intel only, cause i've seen problems with AMD. It does not matter if AMD follow USB spec to the letter - the reality is those crazy picky USB devices are only tested against Intel stuff and drivers probably assume things including quirks of Intel's implementation and things go bad real fast.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts