Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Looks like a xai and has the 3090. Gonna watch this one like a hawk.

"The ADNS-3090 is the best prediction-free optical sensor on the market at this time, so we decided to fix the issues it has and use it in the ZOWIE AM"

We shall see..

·
Registered
97 Posts
Custom lens means custom DPI:
"450 / 1150 / 2300 DPI adjustment" (instead of the usual 800/1800/3500 for the ADNS-3090)

·
Premium Member
8,764 Posts
This is my dream mouse come true, the amazing WMO/XAI shape in a smaller size. No prediction, low lift off distance, low weight, and a rubber cord. I just hope they can deliver without problems with jitter/ low perfect control speed/lift off distance bugs or any stupid tracking bugs really.

Has Zowie been reading these forums?
confused.gif

·
Gone
8,730 Posts
That actually looks really good.

Edit: If there is a zowie rep around, what switches is this mouse utilizing? I'm too lazy to contact Zowie support.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Sweet, I guess I'm gonna get this instead of the Kana. Kinda risky to get the Kana anyway with that pixart sensor which nobody knows about.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp;15567342
This is my dream mouse come true, the amazing WMO/XAI shape in a smaller size. No prediction, low lift off distance, low weight, and a rubber cord. I just hope they can deliver without problems with jitter/ low perfect control speed/lift off distance bugs or any stupid tracking bugs really.

Has Zowie been reading these forums?
confused.gif
Yes they are
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
64 Posts
Looks like a candidate for the perfect claw/fingertip mouse everyone has been waiting for. Let's hope they don't disappoint.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Quote:
Unfortunately there are very rarely any easy fixes when it comes to optimizing a product and making it ideal for competitive gaming, so we have gone the hard way to develop a custom lens which would function flawlessly with the ADNS-3090, as we did with the ADNS-3060 in the EC-series. It has taken a lot of time and effort, but we have finally succeeded in creating the exact combination necessary for a low lift-off distance (1,5 mm) while maintaining flawless performance.
The EC series present jitter and 2 LoD stages bug while using "zowie custom lens", I hope Zowie learn something about jitter, if not..so..you know, another jittery mouse.

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
hmm, i think it might be time for me to give up my microsoft mouse now, i am really liking the specs of this mouse. I might have to contact them to see what switches they use, if they are what i think they are, i will be waiting in line for this sexy thing.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by woll3;15567784
I got my EC1 yesterday, and it doesnt jitter on every DPI Step @1000hz.
Me and few more users experience jitter on both @1000hz and 500hz.
(on 500hz it reduce greatly, but if you will check in the mspaint you wil still notice that its exist, but it wont effect your gameplay).

on 500DPI, the 2-stages LoD bug is GONE, on 1000/2000DPI it exist and very noticeable.

Anyway, if these bugs will be exist on the Zowie AM mouse? we will need to wait and see..

·
Registered
156 Posts
dear god zowie, please do wonders with the sensor.. that shape is beautiful!!

·
Registered
573 Posts
Quote:
From the feedback we have received from researching about ambidextrous mice, we can understand that one of the most annoying features is that these mice almost always have functional buttons on both sides, making it easy to accidently hit the wrong button with your palm or pinky finger. Some users don't see this as a problem, but instead they think it's annoying that there's only one button on the side they actually use. This is not suitable for competitive gamers, so it is something we are looking to eliminate. For those of you who prefer functional buttons on both sides - this mouse is not for you.
So I gather both sides are mouse4+mouse5? Why not go for mouse6+mouse7 and swap when changing from right to left hand? Gamers should know how to unbind a button
smile.gif

·
Registered
723 Posts
Oh my god, that is the mouse I have been looking for.

If it doesn't have any jitter problems or perfect control speed problems then that is the perfect mouse for me.

1 - 20 of 147 Posts