Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I was wondering if someone could please link me or explain the basic/fundamentals to OCing and is there a big peformance gain when you OC?

Pictured above, I downloaded AMD Overdrive and from what I've heard so far its super simple/easy to OC with it. I was just wondering what exactly you do on the clock/voltage tab to do healthy and stable OC?

Thanks
biggrin.gif

·
DIY Guy
1,440 Posts
You would have to go search the forums for overclocking guides for your motherboard and the processor.

As your CPU cooler is stock, you wouldn't want to up the voltage much.

Overclocking the CPU will have a good effect on synthetic benchmarks, but I would say in real performance I personally see a slight performance difference with moving up by steps of 500 MHz. Without increasing voltages you should be able to OC for about 300MHz max.

As you have a weak graphics card, I think you should rather look for a new one instead of overclocking that CPU.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wasnt planning on OCing now but just wanted to get some info
biggrin.gif
hopefully towards late spring when school is finished I can get myself a corsair h100 and a new 7k series gpu.

For the AMD overdrive though, is the HT ref. clock (Mhz) slider bar the bar that I would increase ever so slightly to get a decent OC? Also, what/how do you know when to increase voltages? thanks
smile.gif

1 - 3 of 3 Posts