Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so my bios has presets for speed overclocking... 1300, 1800, 2200, 2400 are shown with a last option for manual settings which goes into 2 other setting options...

currently ive tried the 1300 and the 1800 either one gives me trip ups in my video... which i dont really think the cpu is the problem... anyhow is it safe to try the higher 2 settings?

thanks,
jerry

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by drizzt4u

ok so my bios has presets for speed overclocking... 1300, 1800, 2200, 2400 are shown with a last option for manual settings which goes into 2 other setting options...

currently ive tried the 1300 and the 1800 either one gives me trip ups in my video... which i dont really think the cpu is the problem... anyhow is it safe to try the higher 2 settings?

thanks,
jerry

I doubt any of those settings is going to work. From what I see your memory is DDR266 which probably wont be able to overclock to the next level (DDR333).

If you can set everything to manal (user defined) instead of using the presets, you can raise your fsb 1 by 1 and probably squeeze a few extra mhz out of that setup.

Also, dont forget to monitor your temps while you're playing with your settings.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts