Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, yeah title pretty much sums it up, im a NEWB to OCing, ive been reading alot lately, looking forward to seeing how high i can get my AMD 2500+ Barton, i hear good things about the 2500s. Espically the Mobile 2500, that CPU is hardcore lol. yeah, so i just thought id intoroduce my self a bit. Im kind of looking for some help with the OCing so if someone would like to help me along on my journy to COing. Thanks a Bunch

PICE.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
umm, in not sure if it was the AMD guide. but i did read the guide on OCing.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for all your help. ill be reading alot within the next few days.

PICE

·
^^That's my user name^^
9,917 Posts
actually, just explore the bios for Frequency/clock settings or related and raise your FSB by about 60MHz

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah, i tend to look in the BIOS quite freqently, cause i want to OC but due to lack of knowing what and what not to do i dont. But you say to jump the FSB up 60, whats the going to do tempurature wise? all i got is a stock AMD heat sink and fan, which im replacing soon with something, not sure what.

PICE

·
^^That's my user name^^
9,917 Posts
just go to pc heath status, if in the bios. it lists temps. it shouldn't hurt your cpu to go up by just 60.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
alright, ill give it a shot. thanks for your help, im sure you guys will see me around the forums, i plan to be here for a while.

PICE

1 - 12 of 12 Posts