Overclock.net banner

newbie overclocker<-----

750 Views 19 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  jrabb1920
NEWB OVERCLOCKER IN NEEP OF HELP AND SUGGESTIONS PLEASE HELPPPP .
I DONT SEE MANY AMD FX CLOCKS AND THREADS ON THESE FORUMS SO CAN SOMEONE PLEASE SUGGEST ME A GOOD MULTIPLIER AND MAYBE SOME OTHER HINTS ON HOW I CAN GET MY RIG TO THE MAX OF MAXX POTENTIAL ..
thanx in advance.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
529 Posts
the dual 8+ hour prime came right after i finished building the system. i used AS5, but since it was my first time applying a thermal interface i think i messed that up. i tried doing the blot method with a baggie over my finger to try and grab the excess.

i'm not sure if it's because i haven't let the AS5 settle, since i ran prime the night of when i finished putting it together. i think i read something in the area of 200 hours for it to finally settle. after a couple days of turning it off and on for 8+ hours, i left it running overnight and it was sitting at 38C idle this morning.

i'm running at stock volts, and thanks for catchign my typo, i have a 175 at stock. i'll try to find some screens when i get home.

thanks for your input

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.