Overclock.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, im gonna be honest here, I have 2 sticks of 512 ram, both are PC3200 DDR400 but are different brands, which i dont even know the names of. I really dont need a lecture on how big of a mistake this was of me but i was just curious on how to know what to set the memory timings at for best performance and if there is a specific setup or is that something i just have to tweak and test myself?

·
Banned
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My stock settings of what? i apologize im very new to this stuff so i dont know much.

·
Banned
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And i fixed my system specs there, sorry about that. And i mistyped my first post, i have a stick of 512, and a stick of 256.

·
Premium Member
5,811 Posts
go into your bios and see what the timings are set at right now... the lower the faster... but your memory probably wont go much lower than what they are at now....

·
Banned
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
alright i tried dram voltage of 2.8 with 7-3-3-2.5 and during prime95 torture test the computer turned off. What does this mean? it took about a minute or 2 to turn off. Im not running the test at 2.7 voltage and seeing how it does on this.

·
Banned
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im running at 2.5-3-3-7 at 2.7 dram voltage and theres no troubles. Should i try anything else or stay at these?

·
Premium Member
5,811 Posts
how long did u let the test run? u should also u memtest.... download that and run it for a few ours and do the same for prime95.... as for the timings i dont thing your gonna get much beter but u could try lowering the timings more and up the vdimm aswell

·
Registered
299 Posts
Just set the bios to auto it should set them automatically to the default stick with the worst timing then you don't have to worry about it. Atleast that's what i would do. Or put one stick in check the bios and see what the memory is running at write it down and do the same with the other stick to see what they are to set them manually.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts