Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got into gaming and need some help.
I bought a new comp with the gigabyte ga8kn motherb amd 64 3000+ xfx 6600gt 1gb of ram currently i am getting 7100 on 3dmark03 with the fsb upped to 233 so 2330ghz this is the only thing so far i overclocked my temp on the cpu in idle is 40C case is around 80F the 6600gt around 60C (which seems high).
I use the bios to overclock the cpu.
Which program should i use to overclock the 6600 if any and what temp is accebtable. I do seem to have pretty descent airflow. Also does it help any to increase the bus on the agp from 66mhz. Some helpfull general pointers are highly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Leave all AGP voltage and other settings alone. You can use Coolbits from www.guru3d.com to OC ur 6600. What load temps are you getting on ur CPU?

I'm forgetting myself: WELCOME TO THE FORUM!

·
Registered
356 Posts
umm you know when you install the graphics card the little metal slides that are there well remove the one exactly under it so it will flow air out and it will drop temps about 7c - 9c depending on your case fans. then use this driver http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=948 for it it has a built in coolbits 3d into it. to install it download it of course when a self unzip comes up highlight copy whatever it says then click extract. once you do that go to run and paste. a window should pop up with a bunch of files and nick nacks on it. once you do that click on anything that says www.guru3d.com or vgx. something and then click open. further down the screen you will see 3 triangles with the points connecting like a link so click on that and it will guide you the rest of the way GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The load temp of the cpu is somewhere around 40C or so which doesn`t seem to bad.
I am a SysAdmin so i know a little about this stuff but gaming is a whole different subject as it seems i.e. Always have the case completely closed is on of the servicetechs main laws
doesn`t seem that why now.
I am going to try to take the little metal slide out that seems like a good idea thanks. I also downloaded the drivers so i`ll be installing that when i get home

·
Registered
356 Posts
but i find they both work the same. for me i got rid of two below the agp cuz i have no pci cards. cuz they cause alot of heat build up around the gpu like the 56k modem and crap. i take those out a prefer dsl or cable instead. i dropped 11-10c which is awsome. and when u apply fan always on so its always at max speed so it gets cooler thats what tipped of to 10c drop a lil loud tho but i think most of its my psu fan

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow 10C is a lot last night after playing counterstrike for a while i checked the temp on the 6600 and it was up to 70C. Usually the rule is that anything below 90C acceptable as long as no cables are touching it but that`s just general.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Funny it says next to my name i have a commodore 64 i wish i did then i would play some wonderboy every once in a while lol

·
Registered
356 Posts
it would help us solve any problems you have by posting your info about ur computer by going to user cp then profile i could help you more

1 - 12 of 12 Posts