Discussion Starter #1
I have a Compaq S4300NX
P4 2.4 HT GHZ
800 Frontside bus
865G Chipset
512MB Ram 2700
onboard Intel AGP Graphics
200 Watt power supply

I have updated my bios to the newest version 3.25 4/27/04. This computer is only 5 months old yet doesn't seem any faster than my old P4 1.6GHZ that has less front side bus and obviously less processor speed.
How do i speed up the motherboard if at all possible and can i speed up the memory and the Intel onboard graphics?

Thanks,
Lester

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Welcome To The Forum

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
first post buddy nice can you tell us your mother board name and from your config looks i don't think we can help you oc that unless you get anohter mohter board why don't you go find out your motherboard and post it up here so we can help you a bit more if we can

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
You may have some trouble overclocking because it is a compacq, and the necessary options will be locked out of the board. As with the video, your best bet would be to get a new card if you have an AGP bus.

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
Its a compaq, so its most likely bundled with an Intel board, your best bet is to buy a new motherboar and transplant everything onto the new one. Theres also a good side to compaq though, you don't have to mod the [email protected] out of your case to put in a new motherboard or PSU, they just have normal seating brackets and back panel.
I would find the guide on how to OC intel boards, but theres been so many posts since the last time I wrote it down... I can't remember.. sorry. lol
By the way, Welcome to the Forums!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts