Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Compaq S4300NX
P4 2.4 HT GHZ
800 Frontside bus
865G Chipset
512MB Ram 2700
onboard Intel AGP Graphics
200 Watt power supply

I have updated my bios to the newest version 3.25 4/27/04. This computer is only 5 months old yet doesn't seem any faster than my old P4 1.6GHZ that has less front side bus and obviously less processor speed.
How do i speed up the motherboard if at all possible and can i speed up the memory and the Intel onboard graphics?

Thanks,
Lester

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
You may have some trouble overclocking because it is a compacq, and the necessary options will be locked out of the board. As with the video, your best bet would be to get a new card if you have an AGP bus.

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
Its a compaq, so its most likely bundled with an Intel board, your best bet is to buy a new motherboar and transplant everything onto the new one. Theres also a good side to compaq though, you don't have to mod the [email protected] out of your case to put in a new motherboard or PSU, they just have normal seating brackets and back panel.
I would find the guide on how to OC intel boards, but theres been so many posts since the last time I wrote it down... I can't remember.. sorry. lol
By the way, Welcome to the Forums!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.