Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi im new here and have a little question. i just decided to get a new rig this is what i have so far
CASE TT| V5000A XASERV DAMIER ML RT

MB DFI|NF3 LANPARTY UT nF3 250GB RT

CPU AMD 64 |3000+ ATHLON 64 RTL

CPU FAN AMD|VENUS12 K8 A1744 RT

Thermaltake Purepower 480W Xaser Edition ATX 2-Fan Power Supply

CORSAIR XMS Xtreme Memory Speed Series, Xtra-Low Latency 184-Pin 1GB(512MBx2) DDR PC-3200 w/ Heat Spreader, Model TWINX1024-3200XL - Retail

i have a SAPPHIRE ATI RADEON 9800PRO Video Card, 128MB DDR, 256-bit, DVI/TV-Out, 8X AGP -RETAIL that i plan to flash to xt with a vga silancer

and i aswell have a sound blaster audigy gamer, i was wondering if the dfi's on bord sound is better than this card. any input will help. thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
You might want to look into getting a 3000 or 3200 DTR Athlon 64 since they're on the ClawHammer cores and have 1MB of L2. The Sound Blaster Audigy is much better compared to the onboard audio, much better

Oh, and welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
WELCOME! ^^^ he's the man (one of many here) and his advice is definately good.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the quick reply YiffyGriffy . as for the dtr i wonder if new egg will change my order evan thow it has been charged, the 3000 dtr is onley 2$ more than the 3000 i got. anyone try getting new egg to change stuff befor shiping?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

If it hasn't shipped you should be able to cancel/change it I believe.

Step 3: Your credit/debit card has been successfully charged. Please note that you may no longer make changes to your order.
i think if i cancel it and tray to change it will try and take cash out my card again, wonder if icancel the order if the cash will go right back into my account lol. any other segestions?

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
lol it only takes them a few hours to charge your credit card, but days to refund it
I guess you can stick with what you got, which by no means is bad, or just cancel it and reorder.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
another quick question if you dont mind. will the VENUS 12 hsf fit on the dtr chip? i was reading that some have probs with it

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
I'm not sure about that one, probably not though since the DTRs have the exposed die and they contact area is a bit lower than those with an IHS. I know the Thermalright XP-120 fits, and that's about the best air cooler you can buy anyway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts