Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah but for $30 it's not even worth RMAing. If it works 6 months i would be happy and just thow it away or sell it on craigslist if it started acting funky

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
Be aware that they have THICK heatsinks meant for watercooling and some users are saying you cannot fit two of them next to each other. If your motherboard alternates colors on the memory slots than this is no big deal. But if you have same color next to each other, it probably won't work for you.

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
Yea no kidding. I had a 4x1GB set of OCZ Flex DDR2 1150 back in the day and they were REALLY good. Broke 1200MHz no problem which was pretty unheard of for DDR2 at the time. But you never know with new additions, all memory companies love to keep the name of a good product and put out crap.

·
Premium Member
20,621 Posts
Better than the special ops in both look and price. You sir win one free internets

·
Premium Member
10,859 Posts
God those heatspreaders are ugly. OCZ customer support is absolutely horrible, I've never received so much run-around from a company when RMA'ing something; however I can say I did receive every rebate I've filed with them so at least you're covered in that department.

·
Registered
88 Posts
i've had great luck with ocz ram, including ddr3, it always did exactly what they said it would do, and i never had a stick fail on me.

·
Banned
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
idk but DICE gets mushkins to 2700MHz. I pulled my ram out today right after i turned the computer off and it was actually pretty hot to the touch. WC would be nice if you can make it look good.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
not sure if u have to use those barbs but why are there 2 barbs per side of the memory. can u just switch it to 1 barb per side?

·
Premium Member
20,621 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbalt89;11934430
4 barbs?
wth.gif
No, each one has two barbs, that's just one of the memory DIMMs stacked on top of another. Nice optical illusion if you ask me

1 - 20 of 34 Posts