·
Premium Member
16,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
16,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Free game and $10 card. Kindly don't comment negative in my thread.

·
You broke it!
14,298 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravinR1 View Post

Free game and $10 card. Kindly don't comment negative in my thread.
Not being negative. I bought this CPU a year ago at this price. The $10 card isn't a big deal and the game options are about $3 on Steam or other sites on a regular basis.

AM3+ is a dead socket, honestly the far better deal would be hooking up on an FX 8320 for about $25 more. If you were to go into a dead socket like this. The smarter choice, if you were to go AMD on a budget, would be to buy the Athlon X4 860K on FM2+.

So, as I said, not being negative, just giving people all the information and options.

thumb.gif

·
Premium Member
5,117 Posts
The FX 6300 should be like 79.99 at this point. There is no incentive to get it over an i3 unless its cheaper.

·
Premium Member
16,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
At stock the i3 is slower in multithreaded APS and oc the fx 6300 and its slower period. If you don't like the deal don't buy it. Intel only worth it if going i7

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
funny that somebody that has an overclocked Pentium G3258 would recommend a i3 as a better bang for the buck.

FX-6300 has been $89.99 with $50 off motherboard at Micro Center for some time now (not everybody has a local MC or friends that can ship them a combo).
OP deal is good. thanks for posting it.

dual core desktop with octa core cellphone
thumb.gif

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heuchler View Post

funny that somebody that has an overclocked Pentium G3258 would recommend a i3 as a better bang for the buck.

FX-6300 has been $89.99 with $50 off motherboard at Micro Center for some time now (not everybody has a local MC or friends that can ship them a combo).
OP deal is good. thanks for posting it.

dual core desktop with octa core cellphone
thumb.gif
I think it's because most games use 2 or less cores till mantle/dx12 take off c:

·
Premium Member
16,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for thinking Intel is only thing worth buying. The funny thing is a FX 6300 or 8320 + 970A-UD3P is cheaper than a i5 and thus you can spend $100 more on the gpu and get a much much much better gamer
thumb.gif

·
Premium Member
16,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Funny can't even post a $90 i3 killer and out values the i5 by a lot without Intel fan boys sprouting like weeds

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
With a high refresh monitor, this chart is quite relevant: http://www.overclock.net/t/1493307/relative-access-to-execution-throughput-comparison-chart
Also in online games, the fun tends to start in cpu bottlenecked scenarios (also under 60fps). But aside from that, AMD is pretty good at pushing 60fps vsync'd, at least on low/medium settings.

And yeah, if you're setting up a mantle gaming rig, the FX 6 cores are amazing I'd guess. Aside from that it's all 1-3 cores.

·
...when you walked in
6,439 Posts
Quote:

Funny can't even post a $90 i3 killer and out values the i5 by a lot without Intel fan boys sprouting like weeds
i3 killer in certain multi-threaded environments and that's it. I don't think you realize how far ahead Intel is in the per-core performance department. At stock, i3 is ~40-50% faster in single threaded applications. Even with a super overclock on the 6300, the i3 still has better per-core performance with significantly less power consumption.

There's nothing wrong with the 6300, the point is that at this price it still really isn't a "deal".

If you want to talk about best bang for buck you can pick up a i5-2500K for $120 and a cheap p67 mobo for like $50, overclock to 4.5GHz+ and wreck any AMD platform in a gaming environment where per-core performance matters.

·
Premium Member
16,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by iinversion View Post

i3 killer in certain multi-threaded environments and that's it. I don't think you realize how far ahead Intel is in the per-core performance department. At stock, i3 is ~40-50% faster in single threaded applications. Even with a super overclock on the 6300, the i3 still has better per-core performance with significantly less power consumption.

There's nothing wrong with the 6300, the point is that at this price it still really isn't a "deal".

If you want to talk about best bang for buck you can pick up a i5-2500K for $120 and a cheap p67 mobo for like $50, overclock to 4.5GHz+ and wreck any AMD platform in a gaming environment where per-core performance matters.
Quoting mdocod theries is quite sad and baseless. Post a i5+p67 for $170 since they still ask over $175 for the 2500k alone

·
...when you walked in
6,439 Posts
Quote:

Quoting mdocod theries is quite sad and baseless. Post a i5+p67 for $170 since they still ask over $175 for the 2500k alone
You are failing to find the right deals then and I'll be happy to prove you wrong.

Z68 + 2500K for $180 OBO:

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1845848&highlight=2500k

2500K for $130 OBO:

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1845453&highlight=2500k

2500K + ASRock P67 Extreme 4 for $160 shipped

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1845955&highlight=2500k

That took me 2 minutes of looking. I personally bought my 2500K and p67 board for $170 shipped and my IRL friend bought his 2500K + lower end Z68 board for $150 shipped.

At prices like this AMD makes no sense on any budget unless you just refuse to buy used.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Quote:

I can ascertain that mdocod's chart applies to single threaded Dx9 online games at least. I didn't hate getting 60% more fps coming from an fx 8320 at 4.5... (extra cores to encode/future proof c;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.