Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
stock issue prob

·
Registered
158 Posts
the description says it's out of stock, they deactivate everything that's out of stock and I wouldn't be surprised if there's a sizeable backorder. The board seems pretty solid, just need to clear the cmos after updating the bios.

·
1689 Federalist
11,741 Posts

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
It does indeed appear this board is deactivated. Seems strange. Is there a specific feature the deluxe had that the evo or pro didnt have that you wanted?

• Rep+
Reactions: n1tr0

·
Banned
2,627 Posts
Not true that it's deactivated. Way back when I was buying a Megahalems from the Egg, and the demand for it was through the roof.... they explained to me that even though it said deactivated, what that meant was that they ran out of current stock, AND the next shippment coming was already spoken for on back order. So to end the back orders, they marked it deactivated, until some could actually be bought.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonesey I7
View Post

Not true that it's deactivated. Way back when I was buying a Megahalems from the Egg, and the demand for it was through the roof.... they explained to me that even though it said deactivated, what that meant was that they ran out of current stock, AND the next shippment coming was already spoken for on back order. So to end the back orders, they marked it deactivated, until some could actually be bought.

you think the deluxe is really having this problem? It seems to me most ppl are getting the pro

·
Stealin Yer Sammich!
9,885 Posts
Looks like its back in stock now.....

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts
Likely a revision is being made to the board and they weren't stocked while that's being done and sold out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure the reason they are out of stock is because of intels chipset issue. There is a problem with Intel's 6 series "cougar" chipset that deteriorates sata ports 2-5 which could lead to dmg of the connected drives as well. Intel has identifed and fixed the issue but unfortunately had to recall all there chipsets to replace them with the new ones. this also mainly affects desktops, not laptops. This should explain why it is so difficult to find any H67 or P67 motherboards right now but they should start being restocked properly around late february according to intel. all the information is here
http://www.intel.com/consumer/produc...ecall|irCA0F|s

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
this old it was a diff issue

1 - 20 of 20 Posts