Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Personally i would love to get one but recertified i am kinda worried about
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by iXDefcon794Xi View Post

Personally i would love to get one but recertified i am kinda worried about
yea, me too, but I have yet to have one WD failure out of the 9 I have purchased over the years (seagates given me 1 DOA + 1 RMA after 1yr).

Have 1+0.25+0.25+0.3TB in HTPC, 2TB in safe (backup), 0.6+0.6TB in gaming PC, 160+250GB for laptop, and they are all full
frown.gif
stupid flood. I think I paid 70 for my 2TB green WD new on sale locally at Canada Computers just last August... shoulda bought two
smile.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Samsung spinpoints are nice
frown.gif
but since seagate bought them i am :'(

Im trying to find some but oooh well
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,260 Posts
That does not really mean anything. You aren't giving us a revision. The 7200.11's were all defective in the fact that they lock up at any given point of it's life. It's a widespread problem other Seagates do not have. I've had Seagates for YEARS but all of my 7200.11's have fallen. Every one of my friends have had one of those drives through their computer careers and they are all DOA but all other revisions have a longer life. That's why Microcenter constantly has Seagate blowouts. They are garbage (.11 revision).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevymeister View Post

That does not really mean anything. You aren't giving us a revision. The 7200.11's were all defective in the fact that they lock up at any given point of it's life. It's a widespread problem other Seagates do not have. I've had Seagates for YEARS but all of my 7200.11's have fallen. Every one of my friends have had one of those drives through their computer careers and they are all DOA but all other revisions have a longer life. That's why Microcenter constantly has Seagate blowouts. They are garbage (.11 revision).
I purchased a 2TB green seagate last august (ST2000DM001 or ST2000DM002)?, had it spew all kinds of errors (essentially DOA), returned it the next week, when fortunately the WD green was on sale for the same price
smile.gif


The one I RMA'd one year after getting it, was an old IDE 160GB that developed a bad case of the unrecoverable sector flu. A few family members PC's with older seagate drives have also had similar deaths / not being detected by bios...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinf View Post

I purchased a 2TB green seagate last august (ST2000DM001 or ST2000DM002)?, had it spew all kinds of errors (essentially DOA), returned it the next week, when fortunately the WD green was on sale for the same price
smile.gif

The one I RMA'd one year after getting it, was an old IDE 160GB that developed a bad case of the unrecoverable sector flu. A few family members PC's with older seagate drives have also had similar deaths / not being detected by bios...
Fair enough. I know alot of people complaining about Seagates are generally users of 7200.11 and unfortunately one bad revision destroyed their name. Their drives aren't too bad otherwise.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by iXDefcon794Xi View Post

Do you use your WD green for games?
nope, the installed games are on my WD blue 640 (in the first 200GB), and windows is on my WD black 640gb (in the first 100GB). I use the last 320GB of both drives for backup only, so they are super fast (low access time, fast sequential speed). The WD green does average 80+ MB a sec though, fast enough for backup of family pictures, etc.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top