Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so I see a deal on newegg for like 400$ (counting instant, combo, and mail in rebates) I can get two 460s.

Only catch is I have an amd mobo.

I was wondering about the AMD mobo hack.. I have a MSI 890 GXM and I'm pretty confident in my ability to get this up and running.

My biggest fears are that I will be stuck without being able to upgrade drivers if I need to or want to.

However, I'm tired of my 8800... My heart is pounding because, I am pretty close to clicking 'buy'.

Is there anything major I need to know about the amd mobo sli hack? I mean, does it suffer any performance loss? Will there be driver updates in the future I will be unable to get? reading over the guide I didn't quite see the issue of future drivers being entirely addressed.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
The SLI hack won't support 460's, as it doesn't run the 258.96 drivers... which are the minimum needed for a 460.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Droogie View Post
The SLI hack won't support 460's, as it doesn't run the 258.96 drivers... which are the minimum needed for a 460.
Buzzkillington

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanders54 View Post
It'll come soon. They hack new drivers all the time.
I wouldn't buy them counting on it, though. The 460's have been out a while, and are still unsupported by the hack.

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanders54 View Post
It'll come soon. They hack new drivers all the time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Droogie View Post
I wouldn't buy them counting on it, though. The 460's have been out a while, and are still unsupported by the hack.
I agree with both of you. They will be hacked, but when is the big question... ...I wouldn't want to be sitting on a pair of 460s waiting for a driver hack. frustrating...

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I was soooo close to hitting buy..

I've been waiting so long and something great finally falls into my lap..

over 100$ off

If I could I would hack it myself and share..

But, this is why I wanted to see if it was even a possibility... well... ***.

·
Waiting on New Hardware
4,478 Posts
well you saved $100. use that to buy a SLI mobo.

·
Premium Member
14,038 Posts
Are you guys sure you can't just add a line to the config of one of the older drivers that does support the hack and make that driver work with a 460?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts