Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[Update] ECS A970M-A DELUXE $14.99 AR with free Shipping

ECS A970M-A DELUXE v1.0 AM3+ AMD 970 + SB950 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard $19.99 after $30.00 MIR

Newegg

$5.39 Shipping

$30 ECS Mail-In Rebate

- AMD 970 chipset (x16 x4 for Crossfire)
- FX / Phenom II / Athlon II / Sempron 100 Series
- DDR3 2133+(OC)/1866
2x PCI Express 2.0 x16
2x PCI Express 2.0 x1
2x PCI Slots
5 x SATA 6Gb/s
Realtek ALC892 w/ Sound Blaster Cinema Technology
Realtek 8111E gigabyte LAN
1 x eSATA 6Gb/s
2 x USB 3.0 Ports

Supported CPUs

Supports AMD FX-4130 BE 125W that MC has for $39.99

ECS A970M-A Deluxe Motherboard Review @PUREOC
ECS A970M-A Deluxe Motherboard Review @OCC

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
$5 price drop and free shipping [$14.99 after $30 MIR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcfoo View Post

I have no use for a 4th desktop
do it.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
oh man, OOS
frown.gif

tbh i woulda just bought this just to keep in stock for something later on maybe
for $15, its not even a risk just to keep in stock

·
Registered
628 Posts
Bought one about three weeks ago and paired it with an X4 980 BE. Its totally fine at stock, but the multiplier settings don't work. Set it to 3.9 Ghz and it still shows in both AMD Overdrive and CPU-Z as 3.7 Ghz. You also can't downclock the voltage - it only allows for increases. Never seen a BIOS that wouldn't let you lower the voltage. Basically, a gimped BIOS for a Phenom II. Have no idea if it will allow these adjustments with an FX processor (have an FX-6300 in another machine, but its not worth swapping them to find out). Still, for $20 I'm not complaining. Its stable.

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffredo View Post

Bought one about three weeks ago and paired it with an X4 980 BE. Its totally fine at stock, but the multiplier settings don't work. Set it to 3.9 Ghz and it still shows in both AMD Overdrive and CPU-Z as 3.7 Ghz. You also can't downclock the voltage - it only allows for increases. Never seen a BIOS that wouldn't let you lower the voltage. Basically, a gimped BIOS for a Phenom II. Have no idea if it will allow these adjustments with an FX processor (have an FX-6300 in another machine, but its not worth swapping them to find out). Still, for $20 I'm not complaining. Its stable.
For me and my X4 955, CPU-Z doesn't read the core speed or voltage correctly; try HWInfo64. You can't undervolt anything except RAM in the UEFI, but thank god for PhenomMsrTweaker (I can change clocks and voltages for the cores and northbridge this way). I'm using my ECS board for mining and the CPU is currently sitting at 800 MHz with 0.8V and northbridge at 2000 MHz with 1.0V
smile.gif

• Rep+
Reactions: LuckySe7ens

·
Premium Member
3,939 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLinky View Post

For me and my X4 955, CPU-Z doesn't read the core speed or voltage correctly; try HWInfo64. You can't undervolt anything except RAM in the UEFI, but thank god for PhenomMsrTweaker (I can change clocks and voltages for the cores and northbridge this way). I'm using my ECS board for mining and the CPU is currently sitting at 800 MHz with 0.8V and northbridge at 2000 MHz with 1.0V
smile.gif
Sweet I'll use PMT! Totally forgot about that one. Used it for my M2NSLI Board and phenom II

HWINFO64 is good info also

repped

1 - 9 of 9 Posts