Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Be careful about this board. The PCI-express slots are fixed to 8x. Not that it should matter for large majority of people.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by arctia
View Post

Be careful about this board. The PCI-express slots are fixed to 8x. Not that it should matter for large majority of people.

thanks for putting that out

·
Registered
171 Posts
It's a good board for the price, but don't expect it to compete with some of the $150+ boards at all. I might pick one up for a server, but i still havnt decided on a build for that yet.

·
OCN
1,540 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,184 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by arctia
View Post

Are you sure? In the photos of the board, they're clearly labeled as PCIE X16.

·
OCN
1,540 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kremtok
View Post

Are you sure? In the photos of the board, they're clearly labeled as PCIE X16.

They ARE x16 slots, doesn't mean they all run full x16 speeds though.

·
Premium Member
5,184 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fletcherea
View Post

They ARE x16 slots, doesn't mean they all run full x16 speeds though.

I understand the distinction between slot size and running speed, but why would they make an X8 slot X16 length and then label it as X16?

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kremtok
View Post

I understand the distinction between slot size and running speed, but why would they make an X8 slot X16 length and then label it as X16?

The physical component on the PCB is a x16 PCIe slot. The PCB markings reference what is components are on the mobo. (i.e. R1, R2, C2, C4, USB1, etc)

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
It's a P55 chipset, it should be a given that unless it has a NF200 chip built on, it will only be x8 and x8 when both PCIe slots are occupied. Has nothing to do with the board, but rather a limitation of the 1156 CPU and the available PCIe lanes from it. Either way, Hardocp just did a review comparing x16 plus x16 versus x8 plus x8 on GPU's and unless you are using dual GPU's in each slot there is not a difference.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by utnorris View Post
It's a P55 chipset, it should be a given that unless it has a NF200 chip built on, it will only be x8 and x8 when both PCIe slots are occupied. Has nothing to do with the board, but rather a limitation of the 1156 CPU and the available PCIe lanes from it. Either way, Hardocp just did a review comparing x16 plus x16 versus x8 plus x8 on GPU's and unless you are using dual GPU's in each slot there is not a difference.
Normal P55 will do x16 when only one card is plugged in. This board will only do x8 regardless of one card or two cards.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts