Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
  • Rep+
Reactions: elderfoster

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have two of these in raid 0. Installed & recognized by my rig on first try. Installed windows 7 in less than 13 minutes. Boots up to windows 7 in seconds. Highly recommend. I paid $235.00 each when it was shellshocker a month ago.

Highly recommend good stuff.

·
Premium Member
4,489 Posts
After getting a 40gb Vertex 2 for my sig rig and loving the fast Windows boot, I'm seriously considering this for my laptop...

Though $200 after MIR seems to be going rate for several other models. At least there's no waiting for a rebate with this one...

·
Premium Member
9,637 Posts
Good stuff.. this is basically the Vertex 2 with a different warranty and manufacturer

Good price though!

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Is the fw flashing the same as for the Vertex 2, or will it wipe the drive, as was the case with the Vertex equivalent?

·
Banned
13,823 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by elderfoster View Post
I have two of these in raid 0. Installed & recognized by my rig on first try. Installed windows 7 in less than 13 minutes. Boots up to windows 7 in seconds. Highly recommend. I paid $235.00 each when it was shellshocker a month ago.

7 seconds including the bios post?

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by elderfoster View Post

7 seconds?

·
Premium Member
9,637 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by G|F.E.A.D|Killa View Post
7 seconds including the bios post?
My BIOS POST takes longer than 7 seconds >.> It takes about 10-15 seconds for my Windows to load after POST

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I decided to buy it. It is my 3rd SSD drive I bought this week.
I paid $61 for Intel x-25v, $125 for Intel x-25m and $193 for G.Skill. X-25m is going to be installed in my wife's rig.

·
Premium Member
9,637 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iching View Post
I decided to buy it. It is my 3rd SSD drive I bought this week.
I paid $61 for Intel x-25v, $125 for Intel x-25m and $193 for G.Skill. X-25m is going to be installed in my wife's rig.

Would you like to buy me one too?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iching View Post
7 seconds?

Hehe no... a small misunderstanding. I said it boots up to Windows 7 in seconds. Not in 7 seconds.

I'll time it for you guys when I get home since I've installed all of my games & programs & see how long it takes to load up windows 7 with bios and without bios.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ XtAzY View Post
Hmm... should I get two of these and put them in RAID0 and lose TRIM support, or should I just stick with one without losing TRIM support?
I would stick to one.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by r34p3rex View Post
Would you like to buy me one too?

If I find anice eal I will let you know. The x-25v is actually a PQI S532-E.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.