Premium Member
5,345 Posts
Soooo... how am I gonna hide THIS from the fiancee?? lol

·
Registered
417 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MLJS54 View Post
Also, how noticeable is 2ms v 5ms monitors?
Someone will tell you how noticeable it is, but I'll tell you that 5ms = 200fps. Granted that 5ms rating is not black to black, you will still see somewhere between 100-200fps capability out of that LCD.

I have a 12ms Viewsonic (from back when 10ms was the best you can buy) and I can only see a slight bit of tearing in the fastest FPS games. In movies and RPG games I see nothing. (12ms = 83fps in theory)

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MistaBernie View Post
Soooo... how am I gonna hide THIS from the fiancee?? lol
put her in the closet and play games all day

·
Registered
659 Posts
Newegg charges me tax, which adds $18.97 if i bought that monitor as well as shipping.
I'm waiting for that perfect deal with no tax, and no shipping!
One reason why amazon is my favorite.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MLJS54 View Post
Does it come with height adjustment?

Also, how noticeable is 2ms v 5ms monitors?
A lot of people I'm sure will tell you that it isn't noticeable, but for me the difference between 3 ms and 8 ms is extreme. 8ms I can feel the screen lagging way behind my mouse movements. I've never tried a 5ms monitor though, and never will... highest I'll ever consider anymore is 2ms. I'm a pretty avid fps shooter gamer though, and might have faster eyes than most

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeePs View Post
A lot of people I'm sure will tell you that it isn't noticeable, but for me the difference between 3 ms and 8 ms is extreme. 8ms I can feel the screen lagging way behind my mouse movements. I've never tried a 5ms monitor though, and never will... highest I'll ever consider anymore is 2ms. I'm a pretty avid fps shooter gamer though, and might have faster eyes than most
Agreed!

When I was shopping for my monitors. I made sure they were 2ms. Just because I also have a 8ms TV and I used it for emulators and on a Dreamcast emulator I could totally notice some blur on really fast moving games that is not there on my old CRT. I have not tried 5ms LCDs though.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
But 6 ms and 8 ms panels have the best color reproduction, considering that they are not TN. Only TN panels have 5 ms and 2 ms.

·
Freeflushots
3,460 Posts
Picked up one. Had a gift code and a credit on my account so I got this at a very nice price.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts