Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
You know I just gotta say they do a crappy job cabling there pre-builts. God I think HP does a better job on cable management. I mean hell, if I'm gonna pay $2500 for a tower it better look damn nice inside and out!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by vi3t_boy
View Post

looks good but you can't overclock it.

Why is that?

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by vi3t_boy
View Post

looks good but you can't overclock it.

Why would you say that? looks like an Asus, or Foxconn Mobo to me.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by JeremyFr
View Post

Why would you say that? looks like an Asus, or Foxconn Mobo to me.

It's an Intel X58 and you can disable thermal protection on it, so yes it can be overclocked.

edit: Sorry, board is Asus, but can still be overclocked

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljason8eg
View Post

I bought a Cyberpower/Ibuypower PC once...BAD, BAD idea lol. Don't get me started..

Amen. I've heard nothing but BAD things about CyberPower and iBuyPower.

·
Premium Member
5,275 Posts
All in all only the power supply scares me on that build.

·
Premium Member
4,386 Posts
I've had a terrible experience with Cyberpower - and Ibuypower is supposed to be even worse. STAY AWAY!

And no, the Cybepower UPS is a different company AFAIK.

·
Premium Member
4,420 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by rpm666
View Post

All in all only the power supply scares me on that build.

Seriously... That's what's scaring me as well.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
My PC was from Cyber Power and I did not have one bad experience at all out of the whole deal. I know a lot of people do have issues with them though. Although, I did order some cheaper pieces in it so I could upgrade myself here and there. Although I did not have a bad experience, I will definetely build from scratch myself next time around.

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SiXiam
View Post

Is the same true of the CyberPower UPS?
Specifically this one:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16842102048

I have that. That's Cyberpower. Not CyberpowerPC. Notice you can't purchase that UPS on CyberpowerPC's site.

Back to CyberpowerPC, they don't even give you a "real" version of windows. As in, it's crippled in some ways (like user account creation/management) and doesn't have the repair feature.

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
Looking at those pics...i thought the PSU was supposed to be installed upside down in a case like that, so the fan was facing upwards. Looks like the fan is facing down in the pic...couldn't be good for airflow in the PSU.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljason8eg
View Post

I have that. That's Cyberpower. Not CyberpowerPC. Notice you can't purchase that UPS on CyberpowerPC's site.

Back to CyberpowerPC, they don't even give you a "real" version of windows. As in, it's crippled in some ways (like user account creation/management) and doesn't have the repair feature.

Ya, you don't get a windows disc, just a recovery disc that reloads everything (kinda sucks). Vista itself doesnt seem to be missing anything though, it looks to be the regular oem version of vista. Unless I am missing something I never uses.

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jbobb View Post
Ya, you don't get a windows disc, just a recovery disc that reloads everything (kinda sucks). Vista itself doesnt seem to be missing anything though, it looks to be the regular oem version of vista. Unless I am missing something I never uses.
Try reformatting and setting up multiple user accounts with passwords. It doesn't do it right at all. Also, my 64 bit disc only saw 3GB of RAM, but when i used my friend's home premium disk with my key (i think this is legal) it worked fine.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts