Premium Member
3,844 Posts
Wow a whole 15 bucks.
To me a deal would be saving 50 bucks.

·
Not New to Overclock.net
1,202 Posts
Quote:
I saw this in an E-mail this morning and I'm still torn. I'm in the process of giving my wife the CPU, Mobo, and RAM out of my sig rig and I'm getting to upgrade. However, I really want to see what Bulldozer officially turns out to be first.

To all the haters out there, not everyone has a Microcenter nearby. I sure don't. I can't even buy a motherboard locally without paying $50 over newegg price at a mom and pop shop.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by breenemeister
View Post

I saw this in an E-mail this morning and I'm still torn. I'm in the process of giving my wife the CPU, Mobo, and RAM out of my sig rig and I'm getting to upgrade. However, I really want to see what Bulldozer officially turns out to be first.

To all the haters out there, not everyone has a Microcenter nearby. I sure don't. I can't even buy a motherboard locally without paying $50 over newegg price at a mom and pop shop.

At least you have the option!! Theres literally nothing locally here, other than best buy

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Yeah, this isn't too great of a deal. NCIX had their opening sale event with 2600k's for $269.99 and $259.99 if you used the $10 coupon from the newsletter. They were in in stock for a while too (almost a day I think).

Like others have said though, have them price match Microcenter to $279.99. I wouldn't pay more than that for a 2600k nowadays.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Quote:
dlee7283 I smart man would get the i5 2500k for $149.99 at MC and then get an i7 Ivy Bridge later on.
I agree with this....

I really don't see these chips getting much cheaper than they already are... even a year away...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts