Overclock.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

It's in the cases sub forum so I think this is posted correctly. Anyway, had been eyeing this for the more fans and other upgraded features should I do another build. Newegg finally has the "upgraded" PC-P80 available!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112324&Tpk=p80N

Did the size compare and ironically, the new case is over an inch and a half shorter in length (front to back). I can imagine an SR-2 being a very close fit as there *might* be barely an inch extra in the standard PC-P80 as it is:

P80---25.24" L x 8.66" W x 24.92" H
P80N-24.02" L x 8.66" W x 24.92" H

Just an informative post. If anyone does pick one of these up though it'd be nice to see how it compares directly to the classic PC-P80.

·
Registered
915 Posts
It is a really tight fit, had to drill a standoff as well. Also I would suggest attaching the 24 pin PSU cable before installing the board.

sr-2_p80n.jpg

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow that's tight! But it fits and at any rate, drilling one area is something I've done for my build anyway so np. Is it just me or does your IO panel not quite line up? Looks like you're still installing it though
wink.gif
Thanks for showing me!

*Edit* Hey D, hopefully all the wiring works out for you. I'd be curious as to what PSU you're using and if you'll have any problems reaching CPU0 with the bottom-mounted PSU.

While it's not bad; with it that tight, I'm surprised they didn't keep the ~25" length of the original P80.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts