Originally Posted by godsgift2dagame
I need an explanation for the Open Box Warranty from Newegg...you have 30 days for refund...but what happens if card croaks in 34 days? Can I send it to manufacturer (assume it still has warranty) or does it just have to be thrown away?
Need this answered because card is going to friend.
Originally Posted by NewEgg
Open Box Limited Refund Only 30 Day Return Policy
* Return for refund within: 30 days
* Return for replacement within: non-replaceable
Originally Posted by Sapphire
Sapphire VGA products carry a 2 year warranty with all enquires carried out through your initial place of purchase. This can only be carried out by the original purchaser Please contact your Dealer/Reseller for Warranty / RMA service. They will require proof of purchase which includes the original invoice/documentation.
1. Product Warranty will not be valid even if returned after purchased for the following cases:
Products that are defaced or physically damaged and modified by customer.
Products that become non-functional due to customer improper use.
Products that cannot be verified as Sapphire products.
Products that do not have a matching serial number between the product and the original receipt.
Products not sold from our official distributors or resellers.
2. GPU or ASIC device (VGA) is sensitive to thermal (heat) issue. The heat sink or fan is designed to meet the requirements for reliability of the product and the warranty is rendered invalid if the product is dismantled or the heat sink or cooler fan are removed as this may causes damage to the GPU or ASIC device . Non-compliance will cause the warranty of the product to be void and repair will be at the users cost.
3. Currently Sapphire does not directly provide any warranty extensions. Please contact your reseller or distributor for any 3rd party warranty extensions that may be available through them. Any extensions provided by the reseller are independent of Sapphire.
4. All replacement product may include new, reworked or refurbished product and parts.
5. Any repaired, replaced or exchanged products will be covered for the period of the original warranty.
6. Sapphire reserves the right to change this policy without advance notice.
Originally Posted by tmunn
How does that 4850 + 4830 in crossfire work? I'm assuming that the 4850 is the "primary" card, so you get 1Gb of video ram instead of the 512Mb from the 4830? Also do you still get the full 800 stream processors out of the 4850?
Originally Posted by Nelson2011
You'll get 640sp+800sp but the ram will go to 512mb because that card has the lowest amount