Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Nice, I just bought one for my new build. I was trying to order it on my droid but then I got worried they would run out so I switched to my desktop to complete the transaction. i7 here I come!

Thanks for the deal!

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by XedLos
View Post

Just get and i7 930 for 229 Sealed box
http://www.microcenter.com/single_pr...uct_id=0331303

They also have 920's for 199. Microcenter is amazing

Not everyone is near a Microcenter. I know the closest one to me is 2 hrs away. Is it worth the $50 to drive to the microcenter for me? Nope, not unless I just want a day of driving...

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by XedLos
View Post

Just get and i7 930 for 229 Sealed box
http://www.microcenter.com/single_pr...uct_id=0331303

They also have 920's for 199. Microcenter is amazing

Well you see, some of us live in the middle of nowhere where a fine establishment such as Microcenter is not easily accessible on a justifiably consistent basis. And as such, we poor folks must resort the majority of our technological financial ventures to the magical place called the internet.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilGear44
View Post

Well you see, some of us live in the middle of nowhere where a fine establishment such as Microcenter is not easily accessible on a justifiably consistent basis. And as such, we poor folks must resort the majority of our technological financial ventures to the magical place called the internet.

Just checked their website and they're finally opening a Microcenter store in Yonkers this spring. Believe it or not there's not a single good computer store in all of NYC so this is great news. Hopefully they'll have consistent pricing.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MLJS54
View Post

Just checked their website and they're finally opening a Microcenter store in Yonkers this spring. Believe it or not there's not a single good computer store in all of NYC so this is great news. Hopefully they'll have consistent pricing.

The closest Microcenter to me is in Denver. And I absolutely hate big cities. and 4 hours of driving.

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by shlunky
View Post

Not everyone is near a Microcenter. I know the closest one to me is 2 hrs away. Is it worth the $50 to drive to the microcenter for me? Nope, not unless I just want a day of driving...

I'd totally drive 2 hours to go to microcenter. My Honda Civic will cost me at most 10 bucks in gas to get there and back.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MLJS54
View Post

Best news i heard in a while , too bad still no fry's .Now just need to find out how to get to Yonkers from BK .

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by tipsycoma View Post
I'd totally drive 2 hours to go to microcenter. My Honda Civic will cost me at most 10 bucks in gas to get there and back.
I would absolutely love to go, don't get me wrong. I drive a Legacy GT. So, 2 hrs there and 2 hrs back equals roughly $36. So, would I spend 5 hours to save $14? No.

It is worth the $14 to have it brought to me. Now, if I didn't have 2 kids and a wife and had more flexability with my schedule, then I would agree with you..

Unfortunately, those years in my life have passed.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
noob question... how do these compare to amd phenom II X4

Intel Core i7-920 Bloomfield 2.66GHz, 4 x 256KB L2 Cache, 8MB L3 Cache, LGA 1366, 130W Quad-Core Processor $243.99
vs.

AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz, 4 x 512KB L2 Cache, 6MB L3 Cache, Socket AM3, 140W Quad-Core Processor $190.99

whats the difference in the real world...

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
At microcenter you can get a new i7 920 for $199.....not sure how does newegg fail so hard on the 920s compared to microcenter

1 - 15 of 15 Posts