Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so.. unless I'm missing something, this is a complete steal at $429. It is open box so it's possible one of you OCN'ers abused the hell out of it, ran Furmark 24 hours overclocked/overvolted, and got bored. Then again, it could be a return from a noob who tried to run this on a 600W PSU. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127574R

·
Bowser Has Ryzen!!
4,764 Posts
too bad its outta stock

·
Bowser Has Ryzen!!
4,764 Posts
Quote:
I dare say I might have got the last (only?) one
SO you gonna sale me a GTS 450 on the cheap? GF rig could use one to replace her 8800gts.

\Edit: NM, looks to not be worth it.

·
Premium Member
2,463 Posts
Man, that's an amazing deal, grats! I would have bought it but my storm scout can't handle the super long GPUs.

·
Bowser Has Ryzen!!
4,764 Posts
Good Luck with it. I am 0 for 2 on New Egg open box video cards.

·
Laptop Enthusiast
9,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrbroad77;13046308
Ok so.. unless I'm missing something, this is a complete steal at $429. It is open box so it's possible one of you OCN'ers abused the hell out of it, ran Furmark 24 hours overclocked/overvolted, and got bored. Then again, it could be a return from a noob who tried to run this on a 600W PSU. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127574R
Probably was the latter of the two there. I know people like that. XD They buy a stock Dell with a 350w PSU and buy a GTX 295 thinking it'll run...
rolleyes.gif

·
Premium Member
12,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckclc;13046437
Good Luck with it. I am 0 for 2 on New Egg open box video cards.
Ha thanks for that
tongue.gif

Only open box I've done in the past is my 800D and it wasn't to bad. Just missing the 8 pin cable extender. And a couple minor things with the hot swap bays. Luckily Corsair is pro though.

·
Bowser Has Ryzen!!
4,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by derickwm;13046449
Ha thanks for that
tongue.gif

Only open box I've done in the past is my 800D and it wasn't to bad. Just missing the 8 pin cable extender. And a couple minor things with the hot swap bays. Luckily Corsair is pro though.
Oh yeah! Plenty folks have had success with open box items. Or I wouldnt have tried the 2 video cards I bought. And I got a print out shipping label both times and no restocking fee, so its worth the try.

·
Premium Member
12,389 Posts
Yyeah for sure. I can't imagine this being a real loss no matter the outcome. I'm sure on Monday or Tuesday OCN will either be hearing some QQ or excitement from me.

Lawl..I'm just on stock cooling bro. I've been staring at an RX360 kit all week, if I hadn't bought this I probably would be buying one soon.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts