Hold on to your butts!
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by auranova
View Post

awesome. What price did you get it for?

$459.99!

Someone pick up the 465 before I do for physx! anyone know if the asus 465s can be flashed to a 470?

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
I just grabbed the two Asus GTX470's for $264 each. That finished them off. Save me from having to mess with flashing the PNY GTX465's I have here and I like Asus hardware better.

·
Hold on to your butts!
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by utnorris
View Post

I just grabbed the two Asus GTX470's for $264 each. That finished them off. Save me from having to mess with flashing the PNY GTX465's I have here and I like Asus hardware better.

Congrats bro, I was hoping someone on ocn would pick em up!

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
the only thing is that open box are only warranted for 30 days.

·
Hold on to your butts!
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:

Originally Posted by ryman546
View Post

the only thing is that open box are only warranted for 30 days.

That is through newegg, but I believe they are still warrantied under the manufacturer if I'm not mistaken. Someone correct me who knows for sure.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Asus still honors the three year warranty on the OB. They honor their warranty on all OB items and yes, I have confirmed this several times on various MB's. They also do it based on the serial number, however they will honor the warranty based on your receipt if you can provide it. Three years is an eternity for me and GPU's, but still solid for most.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cl04k3d View Post
Congrats bro, I was hoping someone on ocn would pick em up!
Thanks. I have two PNY GTX465's which can be flashed to fully operating GTX470's, memory and all, but since these were the same price and I do not have to mess with flashing, I went with the Asus cards. I can take the GTX465's back later this week once I get the Asus cards in. Now I just need another Koolance GPU-220 block for water cooling these guys. Oh, and three monitors, but that will probably come much later.

·
Hold on to your butts!
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Quote:

Originally Posted by utnorris View Post
Asus still honors the three year warranty on the OB. They honor their warranty on all OB items and yes, I have confirmed this several times on various MB's. They also do it based on the serial number, however they will honor the warranty based on your receipt if you can provide it. Three years is an eternity for me and GPU's, but still solid for most.
Hell yeah, thanks for the info!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts