Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
193 Posts
About to buy the ASUS 460 1gb version. Anyone got any reason that I should buy new instead? Like buy the MSI Cyclone which is 200 right now. I just don't wanna buy it and have problems with it for the duration I own it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:


Originally Posted by Funnycat
View Post

Uhh, you only get 1 month warranty on near all of these cards.

One month money back warranty with Newegg, however the full manufacturers warranty still stands.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,242 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Beefcake18
View Post

What reasons are these cards open box is basically what I'm asking? Someone got buyer remorse or they got a card that performed worse than it should?

Could be either or. But we'll find out once I get my 480. If it doesnt clock to 800/1700/2000 on 1.050v, then the card sucks =p.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,826 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Funnycat
View Post

Uhh, you only get 1 month warranty on near all of these cards.

I know for a fact the Asus ones have full warranty.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,988 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Funnycat
View Post

This is refurb, change one thing you change everything.

How are open box items, refurbished? Companies have to list the item as "recertified" or "refurbuished".

Anyways, Asus warranties the cards based on the serial number (like Gigabyte or MSI). Since these aren't refurbished cards to begin with, the serial number isn't blacked out, and the warranty is still valid for the full term.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,242 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Funnycat
View Post

That's a weird quote... but alright.

It says 3 years for brand new.

This is refurb, change one thing you change everything.


Quote:


VGA/Physics Card 3 Year All ASUS VGA cards purchased after January 1st, 2001 will carry 3 year warranty services. ASUS product warranty is based on the serial number printed.

Open Box, not refurb.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beefcake18 View Post
What reasons are these cards open box is basically what I'm asking? Someone got buyer remorse or they got a card that performed worse than it should?
The OpenBox that I ordered was an RMA, one of the DVIs didn't work. Wouldn't have been a problem if I only had 1 monitor, I guess?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,607 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by WingedCow View Post
Could be either or. But we'll find out once I get my 480. If it doesnt clock to 800/1700/2000 on 1.050v, then the card sucks =p.
hey, thats what i run mine at daily.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top