Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814133341

PNY 470 refurb card for $230 is on today. If you wanna risk the fact that it's a refurb, go buy it! I did, and my first card didn't work, but the second one's goin great! (Both were stress tested, first card kept locking up)

Newegg rma = awesome

Oh yeah... Forgot to add that it comes with Mofia 2 game coupon

·
Registered
218 Posts
Having bought and returned one of these the last time Newegg had them, I will caution anyone who is expecting a card that is a good as a new one. While recertified and tested at defaults, some may still fail again (mine did) and most will have higher VID's and poor temperature/noise results. There is a reason most of these were sent back in the first place, and unlike open box items, the reason is more likely to be defect-related.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChronoTrigger
View Post

Having bought and returned one of these the last time Newegg had them, I will caution anyone who is expecting a card that is a good as a new one. While recertified and tested at defaults, some may still fail again (mine did) and most will have higher VID's and poor temperature/noise results. There is a reason most of these were sent back in the first place, and unlike open box items, the reason is more likely to be defect-related.

This is very true! It's prob a better idea to just wait for another deal... Just throwing it out there for anyone who wants to risk it like we did.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.