Overclock.net banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone a Newegg Preferred member? I'm kind of curious about it. I was going over some of the information, but Newegg puts it in that small damn box, and makes it a nightmare to read it. So I thought I would ask the Overclock community. Thoughts on it? Are you a member? Details about it?

I, myself, have no credit. I'm just starting out, I just got a Capital One card(well, actually I'm still waiting for it in the mail). And in all, was curious to see if this was a window of opportunity for me. Seeing how I'm attempting to build my new rig now, and all
redface.gif

·
Registered
420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xSeany;12992953
Is anyone a Newegg Preferred member? I'm kind of curious about it. I was going over some of the information, but Newegg puts it in that small damn box, and makes it a nightmare to read it. So I thought I would ask the Overclock community. Thoughts on it? Are you a member? Details about it?

I, myself, have no credit. I'm just starting out, I just got a Capital One card(well, actually I'm still waiting for it in the mail). And in all, was curious to see if this was a window of opportunity for me. Seeing how I'm attempting to build my new rig now, and all
redface.gif
http://promotions.newegg.com/Newegg/PA110708/index.html

·
Premium Member
5,653 Posts
I have a Newegg Preferred account. While some may suggest it's not smart to buy things that you can't afford right now, as long as you make the monthly payments, and get something that has the deferred interest option ($250 - 6 months no interest if paid in full by then, or $500 for 12 months) I think it's a great option. I've bought my HDTV, my laptop, my newer monitor, and most recently, my Sandy Bridge build.

The interest is high as heck, but like I said, if you get the deferred interest, and pay it off in time, it's a great thing to have.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkrist;12992963
If you have no credit, they won't approve you. I know this from experience. v_v
Well, I had 'low' credit I guess, and let's just say I was pleasantly surprised by my credit limit with Newegg.
wink.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS_Patrick;12992971
I wouldn't touch a newegg credit card with a mile long pole. It'd be maxed out in a matter of seconds
You just have to have control and space out your purchases.
wink.gif

·
Banned
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demented;12992990
I have a Newegg Preferred account. While some may suggest it's not smart to buy things that you can't afford right now, as long as you make the monthly payments, and get something that has the deferred interest option ($250 - 6 months no interest if paid in full by then, or $500 for 12 months) I think it's a great option. I've bought my HDTV, my laptop, my newer monitor, and most recently, my Sandy Bridge build.

The interest is high as heck, but like I said, if you get the deferred interest, and pay it off in time, it's a great thing to have.

Well, I had 'low' credit I guess, and let's just say I was pleasantly surprised by my credit limit with Newegg.
wink.gif

You just have to have control and space out your purchases.
wink.gif
You have low credit and got approved? I may wait a few months and try for this after I start to build some credit. This would be fantastic. I could possibly buy my new camera now as well! oh boy oh boy.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I had no problem when I had minimal credit rating on getting a card, that was actually approved for a higher amount then my actual credit card was at the time. But, this was years ago (way before the market hit a wall).

Although they are very on the ball about your credit. My limit was lowered from $2k -> $200 after I had problems in regards to another CC (that problem was solved
smile.gif
). But without going through another credit check (calling their customer service), it wont go back up.

So, I'd wait until you have some sort of credit, then apply if you feel the need for one. For large purchases (over $500?), you can get away with 6months no interest (good if you pay it off). But they do have a high interest if you don't.

·
Registered
143 Posts
It works out well because you can pay no interest on orders over $250 if paid in full over 6 months, and no interest for orders over $500 if paid off before a year is up. There are cards out there that will offer 0%, but they are somewhat rare these days... especially for the "credit limited". Also, Newegg often has special offers for preferred customers. BUT... it can be easy to buy things you don't need... very easy...

Ask me how I know...

·
Stealin Yer Sammich!
9,888 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS_Patrick;12992971
I wouldn't touch a newegg credit card with a mile long pole. It'd be maxed out in a matter of seconds
THIS!!! with what I want to do definatley this...

·
Banned
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'll have no issue controlling myself. I look forward to building my credit, why not do it buying things I really want/need*cough*. I'll probably wait a little but until I start building some credit with my Capital One card then.

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
So Newegg didn't approve my preferred account application despite i've spent thousands recently @ their store. I went ahead and apply for another major CC card and i was approved with a good limit too. Mind you my score isn't that bad as i mentioned in earlier post. Not sure what they use as preference to make their decision. I have Myfico subscription and i monitor my inquiries/score closely and i don't see any wrong with my history. Anyway good luck with your application!! Spend wisely and remember to pay off the balance before 6mths or 12mths (depend).

·
Registered
308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocnewb;12997887
So Newegg didn't approve my preferred account application despite i've spent thousands recently @ their store. I went ahead and apply for another major CC card and i was approved with a good limit too. Mind you my score isn't that bad as i mentioned in earlier post. Not sure what they use as preference to make their decision. I have Myfico subscription and i monitor my inquiries/score closely and i don't see any wrong with my history. Anyway good luck with your application!!
They looked at your recent purchases and said;

Holy crap if we extend credit to this kid we could be on the line for $$$!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.