Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, its been about two years since my last complete build and a year since I was forced to postpone this due to financial reasons so I've been itching to get back to it. I'll only be keeping my 4870x2 from my current rig, its more then enough until the 5970 comes out and I unwillingly spend more then I should on "upgrading" a new build

What I have, pending or on its way:
  • i7 920 d0 Batch B
  • 4870x2
  • True extreme 120
  • Haf 922
  • Foxconn Bloodrage
  • OCZ Gold DDR3 1600
  • Western Digital Caviar Black 640
  • DvD/ CD Drive
  • Corsair 750tx
  • OCZ Freeze Extreme tim
Adding soon:
  • 2 120mm scythe s flex or 1 200mm fan for side pannel
  • Fan Controller
  • Haf 922 Filter
  • Card reader

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry for the quality using cell phone.

i7 920:

I have a hunch the stock wont do as well:

&

Updated Build Pics:

OCZ Freeze Extreme & 920:

OCZ Gold 6GB:

4870x2 In all its awesome goodness
:

Bloodrage:

Ram Installed:

Getting ready to mount 120:

True Mounted:

In the case:

Cable Management:

Installing Win 7:

My Setup:

Love this Haf:

Oh and Random puppy pic since I no longer have a cat
:

Chain is due to her chewing through her normal leash and trying to jump the fence with my other dog (both where tied up until we blocked it for them). Shes a little bastard, but shes our little bastard
, so its all good

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by i7bigrig View Post
Cool ^.^ your i7 is on its way, let's see how well 3939b overclocks

Will be lapping the true I bought off Deagle50ae if I have time between parts arriving. I got the Haf 922 for $50 but its going to take about a week or two before I get it :/. I'm just waiting for newegg's black friday sale to go on for the 10% cash back on everything you buy to save on tax
. Will also be hitting up best buy at around 5 am to see if I can get some WD black caviars cheap. Can't wait to see how well the 920 OCs

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by i7bigrig View Post
Looking good!
Just picked up a Bloodrage for $215
. Going to pick it up Friday
. All I have left to get is the ram, HDD, and power supply. I might pick up an Ultra X3 850w for $100 @ tiger direct, cheaper then the corsair 750 and its modular.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update: I've got everything but the PSU and HDD, I bought the corsair 750tx for $75 off of a member here and I'll be ordering a western digital caviar black tomorrow/ today where ever I can find it cheaper. I was sick for about a week so I put everything on hold while I was receiving all of my parts and I'll get pics up as soon as I get the last two items I need. In total it seems like I've only sepnt just under $1k for this whole build. I'm quite proud of that

·
Registered
32 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xBISHOPx View Post
Batch 3939B108, I'm just happy its a d0

Edit: Might head out tomorrow to get some sandpaper for the true if I have time.
any more updates?
, i gota 3938B002 and couldn't be more impressed.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by melnd View Post
any more updates?
, i gota 3938B002 and couldn't be more impressed.
Ah yeah, sorry, my camera is still MIA so I had to take all of the build pics with my cell phone and since I never got around to getting a card reader I went ahead and bought a usb card reader so I can get the pics posted on here. Everything is up and running and working beautifully
. It should be in a day or two when it gets here so I can post pics. I've yet to start OCing due to lack of time and due to the fact that theres so much to do atm. I'll try to get a nice OC during the next day or two and hopefully hit 4 GHZ with decent settings.

Cable management could be better but its decent, I still have a lot more I want to add later so as I do that it should improve. As soon as I get some nice side panel fans and a fan controller I need to make some ghetto filters for this case or buy the ones from Performance PCs. I'm also really loving the look and how easy this case made things. Hope fully I can get pics posted tomorrow if the card reader comes early. Sorry for the wait

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
2nd Post edited with pics, was messing around with OCing and hit 3.8 with decent settings but didn't get around to stress test or check for stability. I'm back at stock since I have people staying over and I use this comp to stream movies. I'll mess around with it and try and hit 4 tonight if I don't end up nodding off or people don't stay up watching movies.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts