Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If the GTX 780 isn't stronger than the current ATI Cards out atleast stronger than the 7950, than I might become an ATI fan even tho I'd prefer to stick with Nvidia for Physx. All comes down to what Prices I like and who has the better overall Graphics Performance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by junhawng View Post

Since the 670 oor 680 beats the 7950 (I think, I don't remember well) it would probably be a good upgrade.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Is the 670 that much more powerful than my 570, because I think HWCOMPARE says that 7950 destroys my GTX 570.

http://www.hwcompare.com/11594/geforce-gtx-570-vs-radeon-hd-7950-3gb/

Also, what is the GTX TITAN? Is that considered Gtx 790, or GTX 780 or something else entirely? HWCompare says that the GTX 690 is a little bit more powerful than the GTX TITAN(newer card), but GTX 690 also uses 50 more Watts which means Titan uses less Watts but is still the weaker card even tho it's the Newest.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,437 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyman View Post

Is the 670 that much more powerful than my 570, because I think HWCOMPARE says that 7950 destroys my GTX 570.

http://www.hwcompare.com/11594/geforce-gtx-570-vs-radeon-hd-7950-3gb/

Also, what is the GTX TITAN? Is that considered Gtx 790, or GTX 780 or something else entirely? HWCompare says that the GTX 690 is a little bit more powerful than the GTX TITAN(newer card), but GTX 690 also uses 50 more Watts which means Titan uses less Watts but is still the weaker card even tho it's the Newest.


GTX 670 = 95%, GTX 570= 68% on the same driver(310.70, the AMD driver used is 13.1 WHQL).

GTX Titan(it is something else and not to be confused with any card that carry a number) is a little slower than GTX 690 at stock, but GTX 690 is 2 Chips in SLI on the same card, more prone to driver issues & have less overclocking headroom.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How did you know I was gaming at 1920x1200 resolution, or was that just coincidence or you have read my posts in the past?
biggrin.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,201 Posts
I'm in the same exact position as you. I really want to upgrade my 570.. was very close to buying a 680 right now.. but I feel like it would be a bad purchase this late in the game.
 

·
Leader of the #1 [email protected] Team
Joined
·
5,006 Posts
Honestly guys a GTX 580 SC is about on with a GTX 670 in 3DMarkVantage, the Nvidia chart is at STOCK clocks... I would just go GTX 670/ GTX 660 Ti SLI or 7950/7970 OC.

To answer OP, YES the Titan or GTX 780 would be a Nice Upgrade from a 570. The Titan is more of a GTX 785 really, since the 790 will be Dual GPU card.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,437 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyman View Post

How did you know I was gaming at 1920x1200 resolution, or was that just coincidence or you have read my posts in the past?
biggrin.gif
I have usually post the 1200p benchmark from Techpowerup.com as most people game at 1080p/1200p, their other resolutions are 2560X1600 or 1680X1050.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by gl0ry View Post

I'm in the same exact position as you. I really want to upgrade my 570.. was very close to buying a 680 right now.. but I feel like it would be a bad purchase this late in the game.
Well the good and the bad thing for me is that I have 0 dollars to buy any new gaming stuff because I'm broke, so that might hold me off for a GTX 780. I think I'm going to go with a GTX 780 depending on its performance/price. What do the 80 series usually go for around 500-550 when they first release? I know the 70 series is a bit cheaper and goes for 350-400 when first released since I've been part of the 70 community for awhile. I bought my gtx 470 and it died probably like a year and half into it's life, than the Company Gigabyte was kind enough to replace it with a GTX 570. But something makes me think the extra 100-150 bucks for the 80 series is what I should be going for if I want some type of longtevity in my Graphics card. Thinking I shouldn't be so cheap and go for the cheaper 70 series.
tongue.gif


My Graphics Card History:

8800 gts 320mb
GTX 470 1280MB
GTX 570 1280mb
Possibly GTX 780 in future?

Would like to future proof myself, but I can't see myself paying 1 grand for a GTX 785 or 790. So I think 780 might be the most Future proof I can get. I think it's crazy enough that I'd want to pay 500-550 for a Graphics card since I was more comfortable around the 350-400 range when I bought my gtx 470.
biggrin.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpSkyline View Post

I would just go GTX 670/ GTX 660 Ti SLI or 7950/7970 OC.
Jeez, I didn't do much research on the 600 series. The 670 really looks identical in performance to the 680s... What is it, a 10% performance increase for the 680s...?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyman View Post

What do the 80 series usually go for around 500-550 when they first release?
Yes, but then there's the issue of it being out of stock all the time for the first few months, and the demand causing the street price to go up an extra 150-200 dollars. Also, you'll be getting reference model cards, which usually mean they aren't as efficient as aftermarket cooling and can usually not overclock as well.

Look at the titans street price and availability at the moment.. It's a 1000 dollar card and it's gone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by gl0ry View Post

Yes, but then there's the issue of it being out of stock all the time for the first few months, and the demand causing the street price to go up an extra 150-200 dollars. Also, you'll be getting reference model cards, which usually mean they aren't as efficient as aftermarket cooling and can usually not overclock as well.

Look at the titans street price and availability at the moment.. It's a 1000 dollar card and it's gone.
Lets see how well these people sell the 1 grand graphics card for $1,200-$1,300 in this Economy.
tongue.gif


Would like to stick with Nvidia for Phsyx reasons but if HD 8000 series is better cards than the 700 series of Nvidia and has better prices might switch over. Even tho i'd prefer not to have 2 cards in my pc, I could probably use my gtx 570 as a physx card if I went with ATI

I usually side with Nvidia, but I'm going see who pumps out the better graphics cards for the price this upcoming 2013, and I'll probably side with which ever company does that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
489 Posts
I also have a gtx570 and for the past 2 months i wanted to upgrade to a gtx670 which is better than a gtx570.But to do that i need 400 euros.I bought my gtx570 360 and it's too much
for me.All the other cards 780 etc that you mention how much would these cost and when will be released in the market???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyman View Post

Lets see how well these people sell the 1 grand graphics card for $1,200-$1,300 in this Economy.
tongue.gif


Would like to stick with Nvidia for Phsyx reasons but if HD 8000 series is better cards than the 700 series of Nvidia and has better prices might switch over. Even tho i'd prefer not to have 2 cards in my pc, I could probably use my gtx 570 as a physx card if I went with ATI

I usually side with Nvidia, but I'm going see who pumps out the better graphics cards for the price this upcoming 2013, and I'll probably side with which ever company does that.
I definitely can't do AMD cards anymore. I have my reasons, very particular reasons and I don't feel like stating them and starting a war with any people who enjoy AMD products. The only thing I'll say is that when I went back to Nvidia with my 570 I felt so much better.

Also, I couldn't wait any longer, I guess my money was burning in my pockets. I got a 680 just now, the lightning from MSI. I really like their products, and I've never owned a lightning model. MSI (in my experience) are by far the best overclocking cards I've owned so far. Hope that the trend continues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRELOXELO View Post

I also have a gtx570 and for the past 2 months i wanted to upgrade to a gtx670 which is better than a gtx570.But to do that i need 400 euros.I bought my gtx570 360 and it's too much
for me.All the other cards 780 etc that you mention how much would these cost and when will be released in the market???
No one knows. They just released the Titan, so I doubt the 700 series will be any time soon. Rumors are now that saying it would be either December 2013 or early 2014. Nvidia tiered prices are always around the same. I would expect around $500-600 for reference 780 models.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRELOXELO View Post

I also have a gtx570 and for the past 2 months i wanted to upgrade to a gtx670 which is better than a gtx570.But to do that i need 400 euros.I bought my gtx570 360 and it's too much
for me.All the other cards 780 etc that you mention how much would these cost and when will be released in the market???
My guess $500-$550 for gtx 780 and fo gtx 770 around $350-$400, unless Nvidia wants more than they usually ask for. The last time I bought a graphics card was when I paid around $382.91 for a gtx 470 and that is right when it came out. It wasn't the overclocked or superclocked card tho, just the regular gigabyte gtx 470. I believe they were easy to get because I think most ppl like EVGA for whatever reason that is. Gigabyte replaced my gtx 470 that went bad with a gtx 570. Just checked my Newegg account, it was exactly $382.91.

Edit: You know, I just realized my gtx 570 is a 2 year old card which to me isn't that old personally. Tho, I don't know what the 70 series in Nvidia stands for anyways, is that high-end or middle-end Graphics cards? I guess its considered upper Middle-end and 80 is probably High end while 85-90 are Super High=end?
 

·
Leader of the #1 [email protected] Team
Joined
·
5,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyman View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRELOXELO View Post

I also have a gtx570 and for the past 2 months i wanted to upgrade to a gtx670 which is better than a gtx570.But to do that i need 400 euros.I bought my gtx570 360 and it's too much
for me.All the other cards 780 etc that you mention how much would these cost and when will be released in the market???
My guess $500-$550 for gtx 780 and fo gtx 770 around $350-$400, unless Nvidia wants more than they usually ask for. The last time I bought a graphics card was when I paid around $382.91 for a gtx 470 and that is right when it came out. It wasn't the overclocked or superclocked card tho, just the regular gigabyte gtx 470. I believe they were easy to get because I think most ppl like EVGA for whatever reason that is. Gigabyte replaced my gtx 470 that went bad with a gtx 570. Just checked my Newegg account, it was exactly $382.91.

Edit: You know, I just realized my gtx 570 is a 2 year old card which to me isn't that old personally. Tho, I don't know what the 70 series in Nvidia stands for anyways, is that high-end or middle-end Graphics cards? I guess its considered upper Middle-end and 80 is probably High end while 85-90 are Super High=end?
GTS 650= Low End HTPC/ GTX 660 (Ti)= Mid End/ GTX 670/680= High End/ GTX 690= Ultra End Quite Simple really.

I would just get a GTX 760 Ti if money is an issue, supposed to edge out the GTX 670, that's me assuming...that the Titan is a "sign" of what is to come. lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
I was thinking about a 680 for ages, until I noticed the massive performance jump when Maxwell is released, so now I'll just wait, although if the 700 series is delayed till next year I might crack, I'm not sure!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum26 View Post

I was thinking about a 680 for ages, until I noticed the massive performance jump when Maxwell is released, so now I'll just wait, although if the 700 series is delayed till next year I might crack, I'm not sure!
Hearing the ati 7970 ghz edition is better than the gtx 680, and I believe both are around same Price Range on Ebay/Amazon. Tho if your concerned about PHYSX, maybe GTX 680 is the better option to go with. But since supposedly NVIDIA has given up on the Console world, the next gen consoles will all have ATI Cards in them. Instead Nvidia invested into some stupid handheld that probably won't even sell for them even at only 300 bucks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
716 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyman View Post

Hearing the ati 7970 ghz edition is better than the gtx 680, and I believe both are around same Price Range on Ebay/Amazon. Tho if your concerned about PHYSX, maybe GTX 680 is the better option to go with. But since supposedly NVIDIA has given up on the Console world, the next gen consoles will all have ATI Cards in them. Instead Nvidia invested into some stupid handheld that probably won't even sell for them even at only 300 bucks.
You can enable PhysX on an AMD card, just requires some research.

With the latest Drivers, the HD7970 GHZ edition edges out the 680, and the 7970 will apparently overclock better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
827 Posts
It's hard to say anything without official specs from nVidia, but considering that a GTX 680 is already a good amount better than a GTX 570, I'd expect the 780 is a good upgrade. GTX 7xx is a refresh of kepler tho, same architecture and such. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think same architecture will mean not same jumps from a generation to anohter.
Don't expect AMD 8xxx series before Q4 2013 or even 2014, they stated that already.
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top