Overclock.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry guys but i am not updated there's a new beta bios for my motherboard and the description says
"Enable support for Next Gen 22nm Processor."...
22nm?what is this a new cpu's?can anyone explain more please about 22nm?
thanks!

·
Storage Nut
21,113 Posts
Next die shrink to intel Ivy bridge cpu's More efficiency and performance with less heat.

·
Storage Nut
21,113 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by someonewhy
View Post

and when does it comes out?

Not sure...nest year, I think the mobile cpus come out in the beginning/middle of the year and the desktop variants come out near the end...not sure though.

·
Super Moderator
14,133 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanWebster
View Post

Next die shrink to intel Ivy bridge cpu's More efficiency and performance with less heat.

^This

And I read somewhere on the internet that they are released in Dec 2011 but don't take my word for it. It is probably just a rumour, I also don't know where I read that from right now I might remember later.

·
Storage Nut
21,113 Posts
Quote:

View Post

desktop variants?

Non laptop models lol

Snadybridge-e is coming out nov 15 btw. I doubt Ivy bridge will come out a month later.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
oh yea i was thinking about the e version too...its 22nm too?and there's a big difference between the e version and 2nd generations?

·
Storage Nut
21,113 Posts
Quote:

View Post

oh yea i was thinking about the e version too...its 22nm too?and there's a big difference between the e version and 2600k?

Nope they will be 32nm

The difference b/w the non -e and the -e will be price...it will be like the x58 to p55 setups.

·
Storage Nut
21,113 Posts
Quote:

View Post

oh really?what's the price?

I heard it will be like the 500+ for cpu's, but we will find out soon. It will probably be like the previous i7 series. The mobo's and ram will cost you more too.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
so your saying if i want to move to E versions i gotta switch my mb and the ram too?and do you have a link for them that explain more?i remember there was a website dat says all the infomration and the prices.

·
Premium Member
4,026 Posts
Quote:

View Post

oh really?what's the price?

Expect the highest end processor to be $999, as is usual with every generation.

·
Storage Nut
21,113 Posts
Quote:

View Post

so your saying if i want to move to E versions i gotta switch my mb and the ram too?and do you have a link for them that explain more?i remember there was a website dat says all the infomration and the prices.

It will be the 2011 socket not 1155, they support higher ram speeds, 4 and 8 slot mobos. You wont have to switch ram though. Ill look for links...you could use the search on ocn though.

·
Storage Nut
21,113 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,044 Posts
Don't worry yourself about SB-E and the 2011 socket, it'll be a niche market anyway and will probably have a shorter lifespan than X58. Best advice i could give is stick with 1155 and simply pop in Ivybridge when it arrives and if you need it.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by someonewhy;15222849
Dude your already running a 2600K, theres no need for you to change anything really, not unless you really really need more cores.

If i where you i'd just leave it until 22nm Haswell arrives.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts