Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now I think I may have too much set on AUTO in my BIOS that may be limiting me. I am up to 235x10 with the memory also running at 235. I had a lot of lockup/stability errors running not much faster than this and with different multipliers. I am sure I need to start tweaking the HT multi and maybe adding a little voltage to the CPU. Right now CPU voltage is set on auto, chipset voltage is 1.6v (max setting) and ram voltage is 2.8v.

If anyone can give me a hint as to what I should be tweaking next to get some more OC power I would appreciate it!

-LC

·
Registered
486 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lewiscypher

Right now I think I may have too much set on AUTO in my BIOS that may be limiting me. I am up to 235x10 with the memory also running at 235. I had a lot of lockup/stability errors running not much faster than this and with different multipliers. I am sure I need to start tweaking the HT multi and maybe adding a little voltage to the CPU. Right now CPU voltage is set on auto, chipset voltage is 1.6v (max setting) and ram voltage is 2.8v.

If anyone can give me a hint as to what I should be tweaking next to get some more OC power I would appreciate it!

-LC

Looks to me like you need to increase the vcore. Make sure your htt bus (correct terms?) multiplier is 4 as well.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip. That helped a lot. I have gotten it up to 240x10.5 (2520 Mhz) running memory timings of 2.5-3-3-6-1/T with it at a 1:1 ratio. I have found it stable on both Pi and Prime95 for over 4 hours.

Problem now is that seems to be a wall for me right now. Under full load I am getting up to the 50 degree range on air, so I am not sure if I may be able to back down the voltage a bit (it is at 1.5v which is max setting in the BIOS) to reduce the heat without reducing performance.

Also, I am thinking if I try raising my memory timings I may be able to speed things up a bit more. I would like to hit that 2600 Mhz mark if possible!

Thanks again for your help!

-LC

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
if your temps are already that high, i'd try lowering the voltage at your current speed. if its not stable thats where you're stuck at
btw 50c is acceptable, but you might want to think about reseating your heatsink, or going another direction.....

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks buttmud. Since that post I have tried playing around with things other than a 1:1 ratio so I can go higher, but so far I have had no success and received errors when running Pi.

I did however try running 230x11 (still 1:1) instead of the 240x10.5. That gave me 10Mhz more and a little performance increase in some of the benchmarks. I thought I read somewhere that these mobo's like to run better with an 11x multiplier, but maybe I just made that up in my head

Otherwise, does 2530Mhz seem reasonable on air? Or should i be getting some more? Right now it doesnt even seem like cooling is holding me back, but rather the inability to run a stable SuperPi test.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts