Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked over and searched Nexus 6P vs Moto x pure. I came to a conclusion on choosing the nexus for main reasons that of updates are released more frequently to the google phones than motorola does. And all in all I feel for what my needs are, are with the nexus 6p, only downfall is the price that I can see.

Any owners out there may have any regrets purchasing this phone from google?

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
I dunno, I looked into it. 6P has poor brightness compared to other phones of the same cost. Moto X Pure has a not so good camera but the rest of the hardware is pretty good. IPhone 6S has the best photo color accuracy but I don't use IOS. The better phones are about $400-$700 range. I thought about the OnePlus Two but eh it's kind of lacking as the "Flagship Killer." I highly considered the Lumia 950 XL but the cost needs to come down some but the photos taken with it are fantastic. The only problem is you have to abandon Android and go with Windows 10 mobile and you may lose some of your APPS that are on Android. I thought about the 6P but the price is just way too high and the camera is okay but you will get Marshmallow updates fast.

If you want fast updates probably better to go 6P if you don't really care about anything else.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by anoob View Post

I dunno, I looked into it. 6P has poor brightness compared to other phones of the same cost. Moto X Pure has a not so good camera but the rest of the hardware is pretty good. IPhone 6S has the best photo color accuracy but I don't use IOS. The better phones are about $400-$700 range. I thought about the OnePlus Two but eh it's kind of lacking as the "Flagship Killer." I highly considered the Lumia 950 XL but the cost needs to come down some but the photos taken with it are fantastic. The only problem is you have to abandon Android and go with Windows 10 mobile and you may lose some of your APPS that are on Android. I thought about the 6P but the price is just way too high and the camera is okay but you will get Marshmallow updates fast.

If you want fast updates probably better to go 6P if you don't really care about anything else.
That 950 is crazy but like you said price & losing android apps. Possibly losing the inner workings of google contacts not operating correctly in win10 texting app. That is one thing I noticed in a review between the moto x pure and 6P, the screen was dull in the 6p. The 6S is quite expensive for being small screens.

That 20MP camera in the 950 has me thinking but that price and other thoughts of it using win10 OS.

I definitely want to use android operating system. The unlocked latest android phones don't come with bloatware/spyware that I know of. Older android OS phones have bugs.

Hmm. Ima ponder on this for a while.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HITTI View Post

That 950 is crazy but like you said price & losing android apps. Possibly losing the inner workings of google contacts not operating correctly in win10 texting app. That is one thing I noticed in a review between the moto x pure and 6P, the screen was dull in the 6p. The 6S is quite expensive for being small screens.

That 20MP camera in the 950 has me thinking but that price and other thoughts of it using win10 OS.

I definitely want to use android operating system. The unlocked latest android phones don't come with bloatware/spyware that I know of. Older android OS phones have bugs.

Hmm. Ima ponder on this for a while.
Currently the 950xl comes with a free continuum dock which you can resell for $80-100, which helps offset the cost.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts