1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
271 Posts
Both boards are similair. The newegg board has the nfource2 ultra400 chipset (the same board I have and most other nf7-s users) the other board has the same northbridge but the southbridge is diffrent.

NF7-s v2 has the MCT-T southbridge which has nVIDIA SoundStorm APU and a seprate silicon image chip for SATA.

NF7-S2 has the MCP-RAID southbridge which doesn't have the APU but does have built-in SATA.

I still go with the NF7-S v2 because the sound is as good as the audigy and I doubt that you will notice a speed in SATA even if RAIDed.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by zother

Both boards are similair. The newegg board has the nfource2 ultra400 chipset (the same board I have and most other nf7-s users) the other board has the same northbridge but the southbridge is diffrent.

NF7-s v2 has the MCT-T southbridge which has nVIDIA SoundStorm APU and a seprate silicon image chip for SATA.

NF7-S2 has the MCP-RAID southbridge which doesn't have the APU but does have built-in SATA.

I still go with the NF7-S v2 because the sound is as good as the audigy and I doubt that you will notice a speed in SATA even if RAIDed.

NF7-S v2 - NF7-S's version 2 MOBO
NF7-S2 - Totally another board, which only sounds/looks similar

Correct?

Also, how do you tell if the board is NF7-S version 1 or version 2 ??

·
Registered
271 Posts
Ya the nf7-s and nf7-s2 are diffrent boards even abit's site tells you not to confuse them.

To tell the nf7-s v1 and v2 boards apart is easy. Usually on the sticker in the side of the mobo box they will state version number. If you can see the actual board it will say nf7-s v2 just under the AGP slot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts